How exercise in old age prevents the immune system from declining

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Rooster1, 8 Mar 2018.

1. Mr Celine

Mr Celine Discordian

For those of us with auto-immune conditions suppressing the immune system is a good thing.

gaijintendo likes this.
  2. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

that is an interesting point, but arnt autoimmune conditions not more prevalent in the elderly, which sort of confuses the thought that our immune system declines with age.

3. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

my mothers still riding at 82, and may have managed 2000 mile last year. although there are no audaxs involved, most rides are 2 or 3 mile a couple of times a day.

Alan O and ColinJ like this.
  4. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

Good on her!

I hope to still be cycling at that age, but if the hills round here start to get too much for me then I will either move to somewhere less hilly or buy an e-bike.

My gt-uncle cycled until his sense of balance started to let him down. I would switch to a trike if I had that problem.

5. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Have to say I see nothing in there that supports its presentation as
    It seems more concerned with trying to identify 'reliable biomarkers of ageing' - a 'physiological marker that could be used to reliably predict the age of a given individual.' Where's the bit about how cycling till you're old is good for you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice