Votes: 1 100.0%
  • £ 301 - £ 400

• £ 401 - £ 800

• bloody hell?!?!?!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
you know, the one that you ride to work or to the train/bus/tube station or airpor then leave locked up hopefully it being there when you return?

(price when new from shop as opposed to what ya piard for it).

papercorn2000

£500 from the shop. About £700 I guess with the new wheels, bars, saddle, cassette etc...
But then I keep it in my storeroom off my classroom at work.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
£545 new.
+ £118 for wheels
+ £89 for saddle
+ £25 for pedals

Not locked up outside though.

Probably worth saying that my commute bike is my bike full stop, pretty much.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
£30 from a chap at work... 4 yrs ago. I guess I've since spent about £60 on the bike, plus about £100+ on accessories (but that includes lights at £70+)

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
It was free. I found it dumped in the woods.

its a 1993ish Trek MTB. cost new-I have no idea. but then considering its onlt the frame thats original, its all new parts. probalby worth sentimental value only.
I have tested its worth by forgetting to lock it up at the train station, only to see the poor forlorn terracotta brown thing there when i got back xx(

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
all three of my bikes get used, although one of them only rarely. the two most used are a hard-tail mtb i bought new for £250, and a steel framed road bike that probably cost not far off that to rebuild, so i went for option 3. the other road bike was purchased new for £250, but would cost probably over £700 to replace now it's had new wheels and complete groupset upgrade.

Top Bottom