Votes: 1 100.0%
  • £ 301 - £ 400

• £ 401 - £ 800

• bloody hell?!?!?!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
both the Brompton (an extortionate £850) and Floreana (heaven help us, but not far south of £4k) have been commuters. I used to use the hybrid, but.......it's no fun.

U

User169

OklahomaOpa_gr.jpg

450 EUR + Brooks Saddle 80 EUR + Beer crate for front 10 EUR

Just need to get some white tyres.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Mine are a Dawes Audax which cost me £660 ten years ago, or my trusty Galaxy which set me back £750 fifteen years ago.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I use a Person's special offer Giant Bowery for £225 - cheap and some would say nasty but I like it.

Fancy Cannondale, bought in America late 90s, for Sunday best and a couple of handsome frames for re-build in the future. The third bike is on long-term loan to a friend to keep him off his wretched MTB.

paulK

How Refreshing.

Every time I take a break on the local railway path, I look at all the nice shiny bikes - full suss, disk brakes and all that - and wonder if I'm the only one around with an old bike. Looking through these posts I feel 'normal' again.

Mine?

A 1995 Scott Summit - circa £425 'cos it was last years model the time. A Brompton, also bought new, but I forget how much. Probably circa 1987 or so (year not price). The latter is my usual commute - if I do.

grhm

Veteran
My commuter, a Giant hybrid, was £300. Plus new stem (£20), lights (~£50), saddle bag (£20) and mini-pump/levers/patches (~£30).

So list price £300 - actual cost more like £450

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can't really value mine - the winter hack was built up from a no brand frame with bits and pieces, the summer bike I'm currrently on, the FCR, was bought second hand from work, I think I paid about £100 for it, but it's got new wheels and handlebars and an added rack and stuff. The Galaxy is just back from a powdercoating, and cost me £15 in an auction about 9 years ago. Any of them might be used for day to day stuff depending on season and mood.

They all have sentimental value way above any monetary value.

As they don't make my Sarecen Compass anymore I can only guess that it was probably £300-£400 new. As I bought mine off my brother for £80 and added a few extras I have ticked the middle option.
P.S. It is my only bike so it gets used for everything but I am looking at a bike just for touring.

Top Bottom