Votes: 375 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 301 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 168 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 253 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
38 mile round trip from March 30 :training:
Good luck with that. Just try not to ride too hard on each commute, and you'll get used to it after a while. I've been doing a 36 mile round trip commute (with lots of hill-climbing) for over 3 years now, and a fairly flat but 37.5 mile one for 3 years before that, and the longer rides just feel normal now. You can get used to anything, provided you don't strain any muscle, and sleep and eat well.

Last edited:

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Good luck with that. Just try not to ride too hard on each commute, and you'll get used to it after a while. I've been doing a 36 mile round trip commute (with lots of hill-climbing) for over 3 years now, and a fairly flat but 37.5 mile one for 3 years before that, and the longer rides just feel normal now. You can get used to anything, provided you don't strain any muscle, and sleep and eat well.

LoftusRoadie

Cheers. Well I started this week - will write more about it in the Tales From Today's Commute thread - it's a very flat commute and due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping very well I have by neccessity taken it easy. For me I think sleeping well will be key as my body seems to have coped well with it so far.

18 mile round trip, with a few bastard hills, have decided to make it interesting by doing it on a single speed ( I was getting bored using my mountain bike with locked out front fork and semi-slicks, so I've gone livened it up somewhat!)

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Started to up a little now the finer weather is showing through. Averaged just over 67 miles per day this week.

DaveMental

Regular
Started cycling the 9 mile each way commute to work last autumn, nice weather has meant I've now upped to twice a week

Sim2003

My commute is 6 miles each way , Takes me roughly 20mins in the morning, I am hoping to get that beat within the next few weeks . Takes me almost twice as long on the ride home due to traffic etc.

The lovely Foleshill road can be a nightmare at times.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Mine is just a dawdle compared to some of you but we all have to start somewhere. Depending on which way I go it it varies from 2.2 to 3 miles each way. These lighter evenings are causing me to go further on the way home.

Top Bottom