Votes: 375 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 301 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 168 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 253 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
9.27 miles door to door direct, various options for getting home; 13, 20 or more miles depending on weather and other commitments. I've cycled every shift apart from a couple when I've been lent GFs car. When I lived closer (3 miles) I rode in (nearly) all weathers on the road bike, when snowy had to walk the ungritted beginning and end bits. We'll see how it goes this winter...

jimbo notts

Only 4.5 mile but looking for a.way to extend it thinking I should double it so I can get nearly 20 a day

Peowpeowpeowlasers

Zero miles. I cannot commute in my job, I have to carry lots of equipment and drive long distances with it.

All my cycling, usually around 150 miles weekly, is for pleasure.

Phill057

I am actually only 2 miles to my work every morning. But I will add 10 to 15 miles to the journey every morning. I have different routes that I take depending on how I am feeling and the time that I get to leave the house. My better half thinks that I am just pure stupid. Perhaps she is right. I will add just 10miles on the way home. On Saturday I will cycle 35 mile round trip. Sunday as always is day of rest

Stevie Mcluskey

Über Member
6 miles mostly down hill on way in to work then 7.5 on way home all uphill (go a quiter route to miss out busy dual carriageway going home). Sometimes like to add on some miles to both journeys depending on time.
Probably stick to quickest routes now darkness is almost with us :sad:

Lp4k3

Regular
3.5 miles each way... cycle path from door to work... make up for it on my day off then though :biggrin:

Chichak

12.4 miles each way Lovedean to Fareham with portsdown hill thrown in, do this tues>fri Mondays drive with ironed work clothes and if it looks like its gonna be belting it down with a strong wind I shall hop in the car because that's how I roll

Stan_Bowles

13 miles each way but boring as fooook along the A316,so recently diverted to include RIchmond Park.
Much better route, It adds on a few extra mins but much better for the soul and my training.

Nocode

32 miles daily from Orpington to London and back. The first trip is always the most enjoyable lol

Me too! I do Orpington to Canary Wharf 3 times a week atm, hopefully 5 times a week come Christmas when I'm a bit fitter.

Yes, the mornings is certainly better - it being all down hill 'n all :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Me too! I do Orpington to Canary Wharf 3 times a week atm, hopefully 5 times a week come Christmas when I'm a bit fitter.

Yes, the mornings is certainly better - it being all down hill 'n all :smile:

What route you take? The A21?
We have probably seen each other on our commutes..

Nocode

What route you take? The A21?
We have probably seen each other on our commutes..

Yup, A21 and then Greenwich Foot Tunnel. Indeed, we probably have seen each other on our commutes.

I'm currently on a old Specialized Hard Rock Sport (white/black/red) with slicks and upgrading to a proper road bike in the next month via C2W.

Do you head into Canary Wharf as well?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup, A21 and then Greenwich Foot Tunnel. Indeed, we probably have seen each other on our commutes.

I'm currently on a old Specialized Hard Rock Sport (white/black/red) with slicks and upgrading to a proper road bike in the next month via C2W.

Do you head into Canary Wharf as well?

Greenwich. On a Green drop bar Kona, always wear a Blue baseball cap.

Top Bottom