How far do you commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evilcat

20 mile round trip (West London to East London) 4 days a week. 34 mins is the best time I've done one way (very early in the morning, but I do stop at the lights!) but in reality it's more like 45 mins from home to office shower. I have noticed that my day off (Weds) gives me good recovery time: I really feel it in my legs if I happen to do 3 x consecutive days.

EC

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
28 to 40 miles round trip 5 days a week...distance dependent on weather and how I feel on the day. Last working week for instance was 40, 40, 40, 32 & 28

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
20 miles round trip 5 days a week. Started drinking an antitoxidant in the form of cherry active when arriving at work. This week rather than getting slower each day I actually got quicker and that was before I rode home on the new Secteur. I'll likely increase the milage of the homeward by 10 - 20 miles during summer, although I may pop home first and drop off the bag and rack before doing so.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
12 miles one way, 5 days a week. 650 feet of climbing in both directions. My commute is an evenly spread Climb > Flat > Descend (both directions).

Started in summer 09, worked gradually from one day, to two, to three to 5 by December 09. Takes me between 50-60 minutes depending on mood, weather, traffic.

Like others, now hate car/train journeys.

Norm

I only got the chance to commute once before being made redundant (I don't think that the two were linked :sad: ) but it was about 42 miles.

The distance wasn't an issue, once you get riding, 10 miles or 20 miles isn't a hugely big step. However, climbing 1000 feet one way and 800 feet for the return was what hurt.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
16 miles round trip subject to route taken. If I do a big hill it can be reduced to 15 if I want to go flattish it rises to 18. mmmm choices at 8am

potsy

Rambler
Somewere between 18 and 20 miles round trip depending on route,4-5 days a week on average.
like others will be extending it on way home a few times soon,every other week I finish at 2pm so it's a perfect chance to go further.

vickster

Legendary Member
~4 miles each way, 19-22 minutes depending on traffic / lights etc, reasonably flat, one hill each way. Roads plus a stretch of park

GrasB

Veteran
35-50 miles a day depending on how I'm feeling. It's always 15 miles to work & usually aim for around 90 min cycle home or 25-30 miles

martint235

Dog on a bike
11 miles each way, so 22 round trip 5 days a week. I'm afraid I can't be bothered to extend my return journey! I do sometimes do a 35-50 mile run at the weekend just for masochistic purposes! :smile:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
HaloJ said:
20 miles round trip 5 days a week. Started drinking an antitoxidant in the form of cherry active when arriving at work.

Interesting that as I do the same- works a treat. Also this stuff I can thoroughly recommend (Morello Cherry)
http://www.bottlegreen.co.uk/Blossom-Cottage

My commute's just under 10 miles each way, though I'm working from home a lot more these days, much to the cat's pleasure, so only commuting 3 days per week.

Top Bottom