Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Final

• Winners

• Can't stand football but I have a big gob and must tell everybody

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, on the off-chance that my last prediction isn't going to happen, I suggest a semi-final place to England, going out on penalties!

Davidc

Guru
Said it on the other thread - Quarter final and lose a penalty shoot-out. (Not sure who it'll be against, but that doesn't seem to matter!)

The important World Cup is next year in New Zealand anyway.

Take a look at this - I thought it was funny.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
"Can't stand football but I have a big gob and must tell everybody"

... which is fair enough because wherever you go, you can't get away from it! If it's going to be rammed down my throat, I'm going to be very vocal about my displeasure after the fact!

I rest my case ...

EDIT: (I unrest my case!) - if the amount and extent of attention given to football was proportional to the number of people who actually care that much about it, then I wouldn't mind so very much. Take golf, for example; another game that I find about as entertaining as watching paint dry - but you aren't forced to look at it everywhere you go when there's a competition on - so I feel no animosity towards it. Football, however, has become the modern equivalent of the Romans' bread and circuses - a trend which has been entirely engineered by big corporations.

darkstar

Well how i see the standings, we will play France in the q/f, they are not on a great run of form so we should beat them. We will then meet brazil in the Semi and loose.

darkstar

XmisterIS said:
"Can't stand football but I have a big gob and must tell everybody"

... which is fair enough because wherever you go, you can't get away from it! If it's going to be rammed down my throat, I'm going to be very vocal about my displeasure after the fact!

I rest my case ...
Nope, it just get boring hearing people complain on these boards, why deliberately go onto a thread about the sport if you hate it??? Crazy.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I quite like football but hate the international version. It's meaningless clunge and almost embarrassing to hear and see the numbers of people around who think England can win a major finals when there's as much chance of Paula Radcliffe displaying more loyalty to country than to money.

yello

PaulB said:
there's as much chance of Paula Radcliffe displaying more loyalty to country than to money.

Haven't heard that one for a while! It's good to stay in touch with your friends! :tongue:

Top Bottom