How fast can you do 10 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
1. depends on mood/time of the year/weather.
2. 14mph ( that was some time ago and never repeated since.)
3. Speciailzed Allez triple.

LimeBurn

Über Member
On the turbo trainer my average is about 30 mins steady with some short intervals thrown in for good measure. On the road about 40mins and on the MTB probably closer to an hour. Not that fast a rider as I'm too fat :blush:

No ideas on personal bests though.

screenman

Legendary Member
Best was 23 minutes, tt bike 90s style 25 and a bit average I think, nowadays I could do evens or 30 minutes in non cycling terms. All of my road rides this winter seem to be 16 mph average by the time I am back home.

Rob3rt will be along shortly with his 21 minute 10 just show the rest of us up. All credit to him that is fast in what I think was his first year.

Comp record will be 17 minutes and something.

To be inline with the others posters turbo time, well depends how I set it up, I could certainly have it set to do a 15 ten. In truth I have the turbo calibrated as close to the road feel as possible.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
10 mile tt round regents park. 30.25 mins ave 19.7mph
Not to shabby for a 62 year old.^_^
Cervelo s2

http://app.strava.com/activities/107189313/segments/2327046524

Last edited:

Chris Norton

Best 24.32 on my TT bike back when I was 18 years old.

Now would be 15 mins longer on my trek hybrid. Might get a bit quicker when I get a road bike but age is against me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have done a sub 31 minute 10.4 miles on my commute while riding my hybrid with rack and guards but this is more commonly a minimum of 32 minutes and is typically 35 minutes. I tend to get my 32mins and below in summer when I wear less clothes and my go-faster glasses but an ave speed of over 17mph is not out of the ordinary even in winter.

I have averaged 20.2mph on notable occasions :sweat:

Mr Peps

If you mean commuting the best I ever did was 19.7 mph over about 10 miles in South East London over two weeks. I just took notice of the avearage speed rather than the time, It was spring a few years ago when I was trying to build up my fitness after not doing much in the winter.

Stopped trying for speed after that as it felt too dangerous although it was tempting to go for 20mph but with no warm up it killed my legs and I got too annoyed having to stop at red lights.

The bike was a Whitcomb (Deptford) Reynolds steel frame.

Top Bottom