How fast can you do 10 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Bes time on my 10 mile commute was with a perfect sustained tailwind avg ~21mph door to door so this includes junctions etc, so my Strava seg splits were much, much quicker. The tail wind was crazy fast and doing 28-33 mph sustained felt pretty dangerous...

When I did a 50 mile closed road ride (Great Mcr Cycle) and rode some of the time with some loose pace line / groups I averaged that for the whole 50 miles, so groups and no junctions etc make a big difference. (had the chain come off once)

vickster

Legendary Member
Not very, especially given the traffic and inconveniences (like red lights) in SW London

45 minutes maybe?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
99% of my miles are commuting so I would guess all of those were on a commute, 49 this year bee back cycling 3-4 years
  • Cycling, sport
    • One hour 19.17 mi
    • 10 miles 28m:35s
    • 20 km 36m:27s

screenman

Legendary Member
My best 10 time in London was 27 minutes 43 seconds, that was 43 years ago though, not even sure cars were invented then.

James Blackwell

1) your average time? 32:00 min

2) your personal best? 28:28 (according to my tracker)

3) what type of bike? (And no not motorbike)
Carrera Vanquish

Thats on my commute, thankfully the first 10 miles is relatively quiet, the last 7 miles I have to battle with 44 sets of traffic/pedestrian lights. Bring on the summer and favorable wind direction.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The last time I timed it over 10 miles it was about 40 mins. No great shakes at all and I'm older and fatter now so I'd guess about 3 and a half hours with fag breaks and popping into the shops for pop.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Fastest 10 miles I've done, albeit with a 20mph tailwind is about 25mph.

According to Endomondo my best 10 miler was just under 22mins ? That was on the fixed as well, however not convinced of the accuracy of that.

BTW do you have a brother Matthew ? The name has cropped up on some segments my way ?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I am averaging about 40 mins for 10.6 miles into work at the moment. Not pushing it hard. It takes me less time in the summer on a nice day with the mudguards off and less clothing !

Giant Defy 2 with mudguards.

Top Bottom