How fast does it go mister.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I did do over 45mph in Germany on a fully loaded tourer, but the hat flapping in my eyes, and the front wheel feeling like jelly stopped me from obtaining full speed data

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Ive broken 40mph down here, its steeper than google maps makes it look, especially if you spin it around. Its a NSL road so i dont like going too fast on it too often, but theres also pretty much no traffic on it since they replaced it with the big dual carriageway literally 20 metres to the north.
http://goo.gl/maps/Rxxts

My bike computers clocked 43mph down here http://goo.gl/maps/oXDXR which is a 40 zone, but i dont like the driveways or slight bend so i tend not to bomb down the top part as fast as I could and usually max out about 35-38.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Brings back memories ^_^ Our family used to be in to radio control model car racing and if we ever needed to give one of them a run out in the street to try an upgrade or repair there was ALWAYS a passing kiddie or two that would ask " how fast can it go mr" Much chuckeling :rolleyes: ! I've got to admit that i have never been asked how fast i go on m'bike though, but to anyone that cares....38mph, downhill with a 37mph tail wind HAHA !

ASC1951

Guru
54 mph coming down M. Ventoux, and over 50 on Fuerteventura and in Derbyshire - but not daft enough to corner at that speed like the pros.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
41 coming down off the Brendon Hills on the edge of Exmoor. The bottom of the descent required some sharp braking for a crossroad with a horribly sharp climb immediately after. What a waste. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Melvil

41ish down a shallow (but very long) hill near the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh. Oh to go to France and get some proper descents. Don't know if I would literally evacuate myself in fear at some of them but they would be an experience!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
44.9 mph down penhale hill on the a30 by kingsleigh village. Would have gone faster but was my 3rd day on my ride to lands end and had roadworks at the bottom.

After the Emmetts have gone I'll give it another go and see if I can get my BIL to lead me out in his vw caddy van.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

rvw

Guru
srw and I managed 43.9 mph down one of the hills near Corbridge - that's seriously scary on the back of a tandem. Good job I trust him!

Top Bottom