How fast does it go mister.....?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by ComedyPilot, 28 Jul 2012.

1. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

2. OP
    OP
    ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

I did do over 45mph in Germany on a fully loaded tourer, but the hat flapping in my eyes, and the front wheel feeling like jelly stopped me from obtaining full speed data

3. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Ive broken 40mph down here, its steeper than google maps makes it look, especially if you spin it around. Its a NSL road so i dont like going too fast on it too often, but theres also pretty much no traffic on it since they replaced it with the big dual carriageway literally 20 metres to the north.
    http://goo.gl/maps/Rxxts

My bike computers clocked 43mph down here http://goo.gl/maps/oXDXR which is a 40 zone, but i dont like the driveways or slight bend so i tend not to bomb down the top part as fast as I could and usually max out about 35-38.

4. Psycolist

Psycolist NINJA BYKALIST

Brings back memories ^_^ Our family used to be in to radio control model car racing and if we ever needed to give one of them a run out in the street to try an upgrade or repair there was ALWAYS a passing kiddie or two that would ask " how fast can it go mr" Much chuckeling :rolleyes: ! I've got to admit that i have never been asked how fast i go on m'bike though, but to anyone that cares....38mph, downhill with a 37mph tail wind HAHA !

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  5. Former User

Former User Guest

I recorded 43.9mph once when slip streaming a transit van downhill. The van wouldnt do 44mph so I couldnt and I had plenty left. Normaly I would max out at about 40 on that hill giving it 100%.

6. 44mph on the way down from Hartside Cafe on the C2C (travelling East), goo dfun but did occasion the thought "if you fall off at this speed it's going to b****y hurt!".

Psycolist likes this.
  7. ASC1951

ASC1951 Guru

54 mph coming down M. Ventoux, and over 50 on Fuerteventura and in Derbyshire - but not daft enough to corner at that speed like the pros.

8. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

9. coffeejo

coffeejo Ælfrēd

41 coming down off the Brendon Hills on the edge of Exmoor. The bottom of the descent required some sharp braking for a crossroad with a horribly sharp climb immediately after. What a waste. :rolleyes: :laugh:

10. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

41ish down a shallow (but very long) hill near the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh. Oh to go to France and get some proper descents. Don't know if I would literally evacuate myself in fear at some of them but they would be an experience!

Psycolist likes this.
  11. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

44.9 mph down penhale hill on the a30 by kingsleigh village. Would have gone faster but was my 3rd day on my ride to lands end and had roadworks at the bottom.

After the Emmetts have gone I'll give it another go and see if I can get my BIL to lead me out in his vw caddy van.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

12. MissTillyFlop

MissTillyFlop Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.

According to my Garmin, I managed 7,612mph last week going UP Brixton Hill.

This must be why I ended up in 1854

ComedyPilot, Pat "5mph" and User14044 like this.
  13. rvw

rvw Veteran

srw and I managed 43.9 mph down one of the hills near Corbridge - that's seriously scary on the back of a tandem. Good job I trust him!

14. Bigsharn

Bigsharn Über Member

33.5mph on the flat, just after a hill (Probably the only hill in York)

15. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

So fast you traveled back in time!

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Sent from settee #2 - steel & wooden frame, deep padded seat, low profile DFS 2000 model.

MissTillyFlop likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice