How fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cosmicned

Set off a speed trap the other day downhill at around 36-8 mph - hadn't realised until I checked my i-phone app how fast I was going... must have caused some mirth at the local nick at as my patent 'aerodynamic' bike crouch had exposed my fat hairy arse...:laugh::laugh::laugh: - wouldn't want to go any faster though... the road surfaces around here are proper shite & the bike was wobbling all over the shop... :ohmy:

corshamjim

That's pretty good going.

I set off one of those temporary speed indicator signs on my way home yesterday - it said I was doing 21mph. I don't have a speedo on the bike usually, but I'm pretty sure I was doing only 10mph or so. My guess is the device was tracking the speed off the top of my front wheel or something.

peelywally

before i reset my cycle puter it had a max reading of 54mph on it , right now its got 32 mph ,

these were of course uphill into a headwind
whistling.gif

brockers

It was always the aim of my old club's chaingang to trigger the speed camera at the bottom of Bromley Hill by the bus garage! Of course, I don't condone such irresponsible behaviour in any way blah, blah, blah...

sdr gb

Falling apart
I've managed 50mph coming down Wessenden Head Road into Meltham. Could've probably gone a touch faster but had to slow down for the bend before the cattle grid.

mender

My Partner Karen, and I are aiming (on our road bikes) to hit 50 before 50 - we're both 46 right now ;) Karen manged 31.9 on her hybrid with me close behind on mine so I'm guessing It's do-able...

..then of course we'll want to hit 60 before 60 ...etc!

Mark

barongreenback

Über Member
One advantage about being a fat bloke is the sheer downhill momentum. I can hit 35mph quite easily on my hybrid and have nudged 40mph on the Secteur. Getting back up the hill is an entirely different matter.

Nozzer

I got 52.3mph saturday night coming down from painswick beacon! Road surface not great, shant be activly trying for over 50mph on that road again!!:ohmy:

i must be a bit lame because my top speed is only 38.4 down off the Cotswolds into Cheltenham . i was still doing 35 when i hit the 30mph speed limit. I seem to run out of bottle at about 35 and start squeezing the brakes :ohmy:

I do just over 30 daily (and around 37 in TTs), but my max is only just over 40 - im a pansy when it comes to speed, I just dont trust that a car/someone will come up behind/near me, and at higher speeds I don't want to be looking over my shoulder away from the road surface!

Top Bottom