How good are Coyote road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Stu9

The frame's called ultra Easton tubing, means nothing to me, but people here will know.....it's certainly not heavy, or I didn't think so.....for the money he wants (350) the only other things were a carrerra virtuso and a few mtb's but it's a rd one I'm after

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask him how much the bike weighs. Triban 3 is around 10kg for reference

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Could do.....btw this is it..
$T2eC16RHJGEFFmyg6(87BRrwR-pp1!~~48_80.JPG

OP
OP
S

Stu9

I do like it but after all the comments, I'm not sure.....I should stay away from forums

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The weight of the bike or just the frame

The weight of the bike complete

goody

Veteran
If all the bearings run smooth and the rims aren't worn then That seems like a good buy the frame looks like it's had a bit more design put into it than my carrera, shaped seat tube down tube etc. Carbon fork, decent wheels top spec tyres, decent saddle. Shame it's not 9 speed. If it fits and it all works well go for it.

There's a bit on Easton Ultralite here
http://www.strongframes.com/more_stuff/materials_tech/specs/

OP
OP
S

Stu9

If all the bearings run smooth and the rims aren't worn then That seems like a good buy the frame looks like it's had a bit more design put into it than my carrera, shaped seat tube down tube etc. Carbon fork, decent wheels top spec tyres, decent saddle. Shame it's not 9 speed. If it fits and it all works well go for it.

There's a bit on Easton Ultralite here
http://www.strongframes.com/more_stuff/materials_tech/specs/

Everything should be smooth its all new stuff.....looking at your link would tell me it's good, but then I'm no engineer

HovR

Über Member
A friend bought a Coyote on an online site (something like eBay or Amazon). It was £200. Since then I've lost track of the number of times that I've repaired it. After replacing the wheels, bottom bracket, seat post, tires and heavily servicing the gears it's now a usable but slightly heavy bike. He would have done better buying a Triban, which has the benefit of STI shifters!

Seeing that this bike has a threaded headset I'm of the opinion that it could be an older frame, either completely unrelated to the BSO brand, or a frame from a time where Coyote made higher quality products (much like Viking).

The components all seem to be of a decent spec, so I'd suggest it's fine - Although if you can inspect the bike before bidding/buying that would be ideal.

goody

Veteran
Are the wheels new? One of those frames sold on ebay a 58cm with a weight of 1350 grams, same as a ribble ultralight frame which sells for £215 (just the frame). If everything is new or as new on it seems like a bargain. Buy it and if you don't like it I'll swap you for my Carrera Vanquish.

Top Bottom