How good are Coyote road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Stu9

I bought it, you wont need it

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Yea sure....I'll try and get myself on it more, and see if I can take to the cycling thing

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Won't be getting it now....I would have got it last night but he wasn't in, tried to get him this morning, couldn't, but left a mess and texed to say when I could pick it up....he then said about 3, I said probably about 4, then Itexed right away and said probably 5 as I had a bit of running about to do....he tex back and said piss off....literally. I phoned end explained why, he said if I wanst there by 4 to forget it.....fk him, I'll get something somewhere else

vickster

Legendary Member
Odd way to sell a bike!

Given you're unsure about cycling, I'd try to find a recognised brand and bike used, even a red Triban 3 - if it's sound, at least you'll be able to flog it on with minimal loss - if you decide it's not for you or indeed, the bug bites and you want better

A friend bought a Coyote on an online site (something like eBay or Amazon). It was £200. Since then I've lost track of the number of times that I've repaired it. After replacing the wheels, bottom bracket, seat post, tires and heavily servicing the gears it's now a usable but slightly heavy bike. He would have done better buying a Triban, which has the benefit of STI shifters!

Seeing that this bike has a threaded headset I'm of the opinion that it could be an older frame, either completely unrelated to the BSO brand, or a frame from a time where Coyote made higher quality products (much like Viking).

The components all seem to be of a decent spec, so I'd suggest it's fine - Although if you can inspect the bike before bidding/buying that would be ideal.

I think this is a different brand, or as you say older. And funny you mention Viking as a comparison..

The UK Coyote bikes are MTBs and are similar to Viking - from "usable BSO"* to "entry level proper", and distributed in the UK by Avocet - as are Viking

I've got the full Coyote model list and there are no road bikes

*usable BSO as opposed to Avocet's Reflex range which should be called ReflUx as they are about as much fun as acid reflux

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Odd way to sell a bike!

Given you're unsure about cycling, I'd try to find a recognised brand and bike used, even a red Triban 3 - if it's sound, at least you'll be able to flog it on with minimal loss - if you decide it's not for you or indeed, the bug bites and you want better

It is....I was genuinely buying it, just couldnt get to him by 4....was very nice aswell when I went to see it, chatted for ages....oh well, his loss not mine

I think this is a different brand, or as you say older. And funny you mention Viking as a comparison..

The UK Coyote bikes are MTBs and are similar to Viking - from "usable BSO"* to "entry level proper", and distributed in the UK by Avocet - as are Viking

I've got the full Coyote model list and there are no road bikes

*usable BSO as opposed to Avocet's Reflex range which should be called ReflUx as they are about as much fun as acid reflux

He did say it was built up, and seemed very knowledgable, he might have said that I dont know, but honestly, he a very decent guy....I've now saw his other side, why he was like that today only he knows. As I said about, I just asked when I could pick it up then remembered I had more running about to do, as said that to him....like I say, I'l get something somewhere else.....he could have a few 100 today but his twistedness got in the way, oh well

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Having said that....I'm going to see this tomorow, it's on ebay but going to see it before it ends..
$T2eC16d,!)0E9s37HlwFBRueyYzSCQ~~60_58.JPG

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Depends what sells for though, still got 2 and a bit days to go and it's over 300 just now....how much are they worth, I can post the spec

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends on the groupset - new CAAD with Tiagra or 105 is £800-1000 or so

...ultimately any used bike will sell for as much as someone wishing to buy wants to pay

Top Bottom