How I Hate Waiting In For People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
All was going well today, the Trice is ready, and I thought I'd take it for it's first test ride. But no, the garage up and over door had other ideas. Bang, and (unlike Barry of Cillit Bang fame), the wire on one side self destructed, the door went all skiwiff, and I threw a few words at it for good measure.
Now most things I will work on myself, but garage door springs are a no go for me. Called a local company who offer same day repairs at 2pm, who have said someone will be here shortly....Can't go anywhere, and I'm not sure what 'shortly' means, but less than 2 hours I'd have hoped.....
Fed up with waiting now, and dinner is in the garage freezer, so looks like beans on toast for tea.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You and me both @cosmicbike , someone had an appointment to view one of my bike earlier in the week and he was 10 mins late so he had to pay full asking price if he had turned up on time i might have accepted his first offer :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
If they're late, deduct a reasonable amount from the bill, for them to pay you.

Hourly rate for parcel sitting?

TVC

I had a smart meter fitted today, the appointment was booked between 12.00 and 16.00. At 12.01 I had a call from the Electricity company to say that the fitter would be with me in 20 mins. He was, he introduced himself, showed me his ID and the booking code. He politely asked if he could come in and offered to put on overshoes. He checked my old meter, explained everything he was going to do and advised me what to switch off before he turned off the power. An hour later he was done, got out a battery vac and sucked up the little mess he had to make, then explained how the meter display worked. He thanked me for my time and apologised for the inconvenience before waving goodbye.

That was the the best service I have ever received, very satisfying.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I booked a day off on Monday to get smart meter fitted.. They cancelled in the afternoon..
Total C##@s I used a days Holliday for this..
Can we come tomorrow...shove it up your arrse ..

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well that was a waste of £114, and only reinforces my opinions of certain members of the trades. Sorry mate it's knackered, obsolete can't get parts. But we can fit you a new one, which will be £750 + vat for a basic door. But I'd like one the same as I have? OK, that's £2k:ohmy::ohmy:
An hour of fiddling later, and I have the spring fixed (came out of it's clamp). Also have the 2 cones removed with old cables out. I needed to chop approx. 5mm of brickwork out to give room for the cones to come off.
Ordered new cones and cables for £17.
Oh the wonders of hindsight.
I now await a call from another tradesman to chop down a tree, which really is too big for me to do. And then another for a new unvented hot water cylinder. Oh the joy...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's what bugs me about these "repair" guys. You can get the bits etc etc if you try but those guys just don't want to do the work. Had an LBS like that. Would go in and ask for what I wanted to be told "they don't make them anymore". Just cr&p

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
You and me both @cosmicbike , someone had an appointment to view one of my bike earlier in the week and he was 10 mins late so he had to pay full asking price if he had turned up on time i might have accepted his first offer :laugh:

Hah! Glad I'm not alone. An eBayer, I sold a bundle of stuff to was 3 weeks late. Really. When he got to me, he wanted something else I was going to sell. Ordinarily I would have charged hardly anything, but I charged him twice what I would have started the auction at. THEN the foiker tried to pass a 20c euro jobbie off as a pound. Should've given him a thick ear and a split lip.

screenman

Legendary Member
Joe a public are the worse for us, my wife who is a chiropodist gets no shows every week, sometimes ever day.

I can understand trades people not wanting to make do as they have to give a guarantee.

Top Bottom