How Important Are Rest Days?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Perry

I know when I train in the gym using weights - rest days are very important to let the muscle grow and recover.

How important are rest days from riding?

mr Mag00

rising member
its the same with all exercise, you must draft in rest days. the body needs to rebuild and recover. i dont think you should take light exercise either a complete rest.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I commute so I don't get any total rest days. If I've done a hard session or a TT or something I ride easy for a day or so. Really easy, so I can ride without breathing through my mouth. I keep away from that big ring and pedal so easy that it's amusing. If someone overtakes I let 'em go. Mostly.

monnet

Guru
palinurus said:
I commute so I don't get any total rest days. If I've done a hard session or a TT or something I ride easy for a day or so. Really easy, so I can ride without breathing through my mouth. I keep away from that big ring and pedal so easy that it's amusing. If someone overtakes I let 'em go. Mostly.

I'm in the same boat. If I'm getting a fair few hard rides in, and as it's summer I am, I try to be good on the commute. That means small ring, concentrate on cadence and technique - those little things that I never get round to working on when I go out on 'proper' rides. Of course there are days when I just can't help myself and go hell for leather, it's also an effort not to tuck loads of miles inevery nighton the way home just because I can.

col

Legendary Member
I think rest is just as important as actual training,if you dont rest enough you can enter the overtraining area,which starts to reverse your efforts,or it can feel like it is.

Top Bottom