How important is honesty in your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Generally speaking, I like to be honest whenever & where ever I can. I would say this is 100% of the time with friends, collegues and family. Sometimes total honesty can hurt or offend the other person.

So what about our dealings with organisations and companies? Are these places fair game for some BS because we may feel that they tend to be economical with the truth.

As I have got older I think I have become more honest. I do wish I could be 100% with every person in every one of life's situations. But, it can be hard to be straight in a bent world.

Just an example: I could say, 'insurance companies are honest'. If I asked them, 'do you use delaying tactics on settling claims', would they ever say yes?

So where do you stand? Is your level of honesty reflected by the level of honesty of the individual/organisation that you are interacting with? Or, it could be that we may feel we have so much to lose if we are too honest.

Lozz360

Veteran
I'd be lying if I said it was.

Slick

Guru
Everybody has lied at one time or another but I definitely try and be as honest as I can. A brutal honesty is something I avoid if it means hurting someone's feelings but in most situations, I find honesty really to be the best policy.

To be a good liar, you need a good memory, something I don't possess.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd better come clean too. I'm a 12 year old called Gerald, who has a fixation with guns.

Top Bottom