How insensitive are ITV showing the film Contagion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
VD clinic again? If you took your social distancing seriously you wouldn't need so much penicillin :whistle:
It must be spreading Drago.
Just saw a caption on the BBC news saying Clap for NHS workers. Is if they haven't got enough to deal with already

It's probably as insensitive as the adverts for funeral plans amongst the Top Stories on the Sky News app..
They (as in funeral directors) are being investigated for excessive charges. Dignity is one of the cheaper ones and is quoted on the stockmarket. With the crash in the stockmarket nows the time to buy some......insensitive?
Marks out of 10
1 couldn't give shite about other peoples feelings
10 not in the least very kind of you to point that out.

Alex H

Legendary Member
We watched Stephen King's The Stand last weekend. It was appropriate (I think).

Alex H

Legendary Member
He didn't have to read the book - he was in the movie :rolleyes:
And no, coronavirus is not like The Stand.

Errrr, not quite sure what you're saying there.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Contagion, The Andromeda Strain, The Omega Man, 28 Days Later and Mad Max are all on my post-apocalyptic viewing list.

I always thought it odd that following whatever societal breakdown lead to Mad Max everyone drove around in enormous supercharged gas guzzlers. Society collapses and oil is cheap? really?

< checks current price of Brent crude > :eek:

< checks Ebay for large muscle car >

Smudge

Veteran
Contagion, The Andromeda Strain, The Omega Man, 28 Days Later and Mad Max are all on my post-apocalyptic viewing list.

I always thought it odd that following whatever societal breakdown lead to Mad Max everyone drove around in enormous supercharged gas guzzlers. Society collapses and oil is cheap? really?

< checks current price of Brent crude > :eek:

< checks Ebay for large muscle car >

The remake of Mad Max is brilliant. The Road is also very good and probably more realistic of what a future post apocalypse might be like.

Top Bottom