How is it possible to replace your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Have sold a couple but there are two bikes i would never sell, The bike i rode my first 200 miler on, And my present bike, been up a lot of mountains on it and also rode to Paris non stop apart from the Ferry bit. There is a new bike i have my eye on though,^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
there is still time.....
This is true :whistle:

Slick

Guru
I have 4 bikes, all different but 2 in particular are very similar. My cannondale was bought on a whim and I quickly realised that it was too small for me but only really caused issues when you were all day in the saddle but I soon discovered it was great for mid range rides and surprisingly very comfortable. For reasons best known only to the cycling gods, I did some of my fastest segments on my commute rides although I only ever used it on dry days as you couldn't even get clip on mudguards on it. Anyway, I treated it to some new wheels and tyres after an incident on the A9 that I'd rather not go into :eek: and it fell heir to the 105 group set from my Genesis, new cables and bar taps finished the ensemble to make it look it's best. For some reason it never came down from it's hook all year so when my brother announced his trusty Trek had gone to the bike park in the sky, I offered him my cannondale as I knew he always liked it. It felt good at the time, as it was the right decision as I wasn't using it and he needed one but I've always had the sneaky suspicion that I'll never quite get over such a loss to my collection. Weird

I’ve not yet found the perfect bike I guess (and the five I have are all different to one another). I’ve not bought a new bike this year actually...
What’s worse is when you do get the perfect fit and your daughter
falls in love with it, man always looses to daughter, that’s love
for you.

freiston

Veteran
I've only ever replaced one bike (that wasn't nicked or written off) and that was a cheap rigid Dawes mountain bike that I bought in the 90s. As long as I can remember, it never behaved properly - I couldn't ride it no-handed and it developed a jitter in the steering at high speeds. I suspected that the head tube needed facing and the headset replaced/refitted. Eventually, as several things needed attention and parts needed replacing at more or less the same time, I decided to cut my losses and replace it with something of better quality and more suited to my purposes and so I bought my touring bike.

Mrs M

Guru
I have 3 bikes, attached to them all, they even have names :shy:
Don’t ride the road bike so much but Mr M enjoys borrowing that for most of his latest rides.
My Pashley was a 50th birthday prezzie and my secret favourite :wub: old fashioned and so comfy :smile:
My newest MTB is pure fun and allows me to ride places the other bikes don’t like much, (have tried), dirt tracks and mud :ohmy:
I gave away my 18 year old Giant Hollywood to get a more modern MTB, GT Avalanche. Really didn’t like it so traded in after 1 year towards the roadie.
If I had the room and funds would have loads more bikes.
Can’t really be replaced, just added to :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
I mist admit, I have often thought about getting shot of all my bikes and going back to basics with just the one, a Pashley Roadster Sovereign or somesuch. I've never yet made any move along those lines, but one day maybe...

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My 15 year old Dolan Dual is in the garage. It's a wonderful bike but no longer gives the performance I can manage. She only goes out once a year or so.

While I don't really want her to go and I'm going to spend a few £££ on a refurb and give her to my eldest boy. It's daft leaving a good bike just hanging on the wall when I know he'll ride it.

Venod

Eh up
I have had a lot of bikes over the years, some of them I thought I would never get rid of but along comes something to replace them, I can't keep them all, I am down to 3 at the moment (4 if you count the permanent turbo bike) I class one of them as the best bike I have ever owned so no plans to part with that one,(at the moment) the others are a great and meet all my needs but they can go if I find something that takes my eye, in fact one of them has gone and come back, I gave it to the lad, but he gave me it back as it was a bit small for him so he replaced it with something more suitable.

Top Bottom