how long before nature calls?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

Just curious to how long you can ride before you have to go loo?:tongue: I like to do one long ride a day about 3 hours sometimes I need the loo but most of the time I go without. I don't like stopping as find my muscles tend to seize up.

on the road

Über Member
It depends, sometimes I can ride for hours and hours without needing to go, other times I find myself having to go frequently.

This probably fits better in the 'Health....' forum, but .... whatever. :thumbsup: As my years pile on I find the interval becomes, embarrassingly, shorter and shorter: the doc says nothing wrong, just a natural progression. Means that sometimes I even have to interrupt the 8-mile spin at lunchtime at work. Sometimes, not always... Luckily, the ride goes through a mostly wooded area.

If it's any comfort to the ladies, they seem to be less affected as they age. At least, Mrs P is OK for several hours...

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Depends how much I drink and how sweaty I get. Can go most of the day sometimes.

Whereas at home, supposedly working on the computer and drinking umpteen pints of tea - rather short intervals!

(Blimey - where else besides the internet would you discuss your urinary habits witih total strangers! :blush:)

Chrisz

Über Member
One of the guys at the club I ride with on Sundays is pretty much guaranteed to have a stop 5min after we've all got together - before we've even gone anywhere! He'll then often need at least 2 more stops on the way round - I'll happily go most of a day without needing to go.

I have never needed to while on a ride yet, longest about 4 hours :-)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It should not loom large in your mind as some kind of a "problem", IMVVHO. Drink what you want, and take a leak when you want to. Everybody feels the need to do it at different times. It is not some kind of bladder competition, after all is said and done.

Slightly off subject but I go out with a walking club that uses a coach to get to the start of the walk this is normally around an hour or at most an hour and a half but as soon as they get off the coach the females all head straight for the nearest Loo,while the rest of us wait for them. This gets right up my nose, as the coach starts from a place where there are public toilets.

stavros

What's the big deal? How big's your bladder Sarah?. Can always get a pack of pull-ups if you're really worried, although may not fit under cycling shorts!

walker

Longest ride was 6 hours and didn't need to stop once. But it depends on the person's body and their own bladder. try going before your ride

Top Bottom