How long do you stop for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAYMOND

It all depends what you want to do.
Theres no rule,its how you feel and what you want to do.
Personally i stopped this morning after i reached my turning point to head for home.
I found a bench ,blew my nose,had a drink,ate my flapjack,had another sip of water and away i went heading for home.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I went out for a ride with a local club. Only 43.3 miles. They stopped just over half way for cake etc. I struggled to keep up on hills after stop. Out on my own I never stop even on similar distances. I can see the point as it gives you chance to have a chat with others, but I'd rather just get on.

Nearly there

Veteran
If I stop on a ride 30 miles+ its merely to mop my brow :heat: and then its a minute or so,I try and drink on the move without going into a ditch which ive nearly done several times

hoopdriver

Guru
I stop to take photographs for my blog, and sometimes that can be quite involving. If I do not have my cameras with me, I do not stop at all.

Stopping for a coffee and a slice of cake or a pint and a sandwich or to take some photo's is all part of the enjoyment of the ride for me .. if i went out and did a 30/40 mile ride without stopping or just stopping for 5 minutes for a drink etc i'd be bored witless

Foxy

Top Bottom