How long have you been at it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Myers

,I'm 43,I started cycling properly in April 2011,got rid of my car,got a hybrid on the cycle to work scheme,just got a road bike on the same scheme,looking to do about 2000-2500 miles a year.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Age 42 today :sad:

Started cycling at ? though I got my first real bike for £5 aged 12 in 1982

My best mate made it for me and I had to explain to my mum that you don't need brakes on fixed, so she handed over the £5 :smile:

I loved that bike. I was always polishing the steel rims with Brasso and polishing the leather saddle with boot polish

Sold it at 16 for £5 I think as I was more into girls / beer and music

Got back into cycling as a 21 year old

Cycled ever since, member of lots of cycling clubs. Cycle everywhere. Never use public transport or drive cars. About 50% of my spare money goes on cycling. Its a way of life. It is my life. I live and breath cycling

No bike, no life

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I cycled as a kid until I went to college. I discovered cycling three and a half years ago and it changed my life. I'm rubbish but I enjoy it.

Since you ask, 57 ( for the next 8 hours).:sad:

Thats nice, a cheery post on his birthday
He's still younger and slimmer than me. Anyway, Happy Birthday John. Do you want to squeeze a 300 in before year end?

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
I'm 57, bought my first new bicycle 3 years ago (a Pashley Roadster sovereign). When I first got it, I used to think an 8 mile round trip was epic (including shopping). Now I've got 3 regular runs I do, a 7 mile round the block, 13 miles (that misses out a steep hill or two) and a 16 mile route that has me talking to the bike nicely to pursuade it to go up a couple of steep hills(it's very unwilling, something to do with the weight of the bell I think. Have you seen the bell on a Pashley....?). Anyway, I started off at the British Standard 12 mph average, but now I'm doing 15 and rising.
First charity ride I did was the 2010 Blossom Trail from BBC Wood Norton for St John's ambulance, a 27 mile that was a near death experience! Now. I reckon the 50 mile route is on next spring (gulp). I might wish I hadn't said that, come spring!

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Thats nice, a cheery post on his birthday;)
Happy birthday YM:birthday:

Hes only avin a laugh Lisa. I know him. Thanks for the Happy Earthday :smile:

He's still younger and slimmer than me. Anyway, Happy Birthday John. Do you want to squeeze a 300 in before year end?

Hi Darrel :smile:

No ! Can't do a 300 as Ive taken a year out of long distance cycling. Doing that distance could make me ill.

Id be up for a 200km though. Maybe a calender audax or permanent ?

Oh this this http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/peak-district-68-miles-august.103418/#post-1879326

Hi, I am 43 with a running background. But I have been struggling with a knee injury for a good 15 years and recently I fell of a curb believe it or not and really injured my right ankle. So I took up bike riding to maintain fitness. Straight away all that nostalgia came rushing back, hooked straight away.

Top Bottom