How many are still working and what do you do?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think some payslips are going to take a bit of working out, and as it coincides with week 1 for Mr Taxman we have had a number of reports of last month's wage with huge deductions if they got their annual bonus as they seem to account for that to be their normal wage and tax them accordingly. The company I work for aren't topping up anything over the 80% and pay 2 weeks in arrears and 2 weeks in advance which means their first pay slip will include 2 weeks at full pay, 2 weeks at 80% 1 bank holiday at full rate and any annual leave they have requested which one person estimated 4 days would bring them back to where they needed to be. As everyone is salaried, there is a bit of guess work as to what your pay should actually be. :scratch:
I think thats right we were furloughed on march 19 so full pay up till then , overtime is a month in hand so i got the overtime i did in march in aprils pay slip .Originlly we were on 1 week ph then a week banked but that was untill they knew how to access the furlough scheme , and we have loads of workers on different pay dependant on time served etc etc so i am sure there are lot of permutations they are having to work out behind the scenes.Upshot is im getting what i should and paying my right contributions so anything else is for them to work out and the union has been pretty hot on ensuring we are ok ( i have been told they cant lay us off in our contract but dont quote me )

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm a project manager for an IT services company, but am farmed out to one of the emergency services. Am working full-time, mostly from home, so feel very humbled when I am at customer sites and see the real key-workers coming in from the front lines.

I'm truly grateful that my customer deems the work to be vital, as this gives me some measure of job security - there isn't much of that at the moment. No guarantees obviously, but fingers crossed.

Can't imagine what the economy will look like in 6 months time. My employer quickly got rid of contract staff, and the permies are being furloughed. Am not convinced any of them will ever come back; I'm expecting redundancies in Q3/Q4.
Wondering what Rishi's plans are to stop a tsunami of unemployment?

Top Bottom