How many are still working and what do you do?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have had two people thinking it will not be, I did try and explain this is highly unlikely.
It’s all on CAB site

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/coronavirus-if-your-employer-has-told-you-not-to-work/

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
It is I was just being lazy, sorry. Must admit I have not read too much detail unless it relates to our incomes, which is a wait and see situation.
Why can’t the people asking you ask their employer or look it up?
If they’ve been furloughed, they should have received all the information before agreeing to the furlough terms

screenman

Legendary Member
Why can’t the people asking you ask their employer or look it up?
If they’ve been furloughed, they should have received all the information before agreeing to the furlough terms

One was retired and the other long term unemployed, both jealous of better off people.

gzoom

Über Member
Both me and my wife are key workers, daughter still going to nursery, for us nothing has changed really. Biggest issue is trying to work out when best to go to the supermarkets as queueing to get the shopping done is wasted time we can do without.

I have to say despite going to ITU 3 times a week, working weekends etc, I cannot see how every one stuck at home with no where to go, and money worries is managing.

By the end of Sunday am usually itching for Monday to come around, been at work and busy with things is a blessing these days.

Hope everyone takes care of each other, this virus is going no where fast.

Slick

Guru
Both me and my wife are key workers, daughter still going to nursery, for us nothing has changed really. Biggest issue is trying to work out when best to go to the supermarkets as queueing to get the shopping done is wasted time we can do without.

I have to say despite going to ITU 3 times a week, working weekends etc, I cannot see how every one stuck at home with no where to go, and money worries is managing.

By the end of Sunday am usually itching for Monday to come around, been at work and busy with things is a blessing these days.

Hope everyone takes care of each other, this virus is going no where fast.
I can help you there and tell you some are really struggling for different reasons. The lady I met yesterday was just desperate for some human contact and I know of others with young ones who aren't getting to nursery who are really struggling to keep it all together. Like you, I feel quite fortunate for a number of reasons but I'm definitely becoming more aware of more people who are finding it really tough.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It is I was just being lazy, sorry. Must admit I have not read too much detail unless it relates to our incomes, which is a wait and see situation.
I am furloughed and i got my 1st furloughed payslip the other day , its a but unique as the company is paying 10 % and we are banking shifts to give us full pay but my payslip basically was normal including all my deductions .I can only assume that the payroll HR works out all the figures and just gives us our payslip as normal .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Plan is for us to return to work on the 18th may with social distancing and face masks mandatory, my main concern is my children as currently 2 days a week we will not have childcare as lad is clinically vulnerable and was told not to go to school before they even shut and the FIL currently is self isolating as he had TB and only has one lung and he would be the one who would usually look after them in when we need help .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Still working as previously reported and if anything busier than a couple of weeks ago .

Not sure what will be changing when the PM tells us this week so will have to see

Slick

Guru
I am furloughed and i got my 1st furloughed payslip the other day , its a but unique as the company is paying 10 % and we are banking shifts to give us full pay but my payslip basically was normal including all my deductions .I can only assume that the payroll HR works out all the figures and just gives us our payslip as normal .
I don't think it should be. Our hr are sending out letters and payslips to explain exactly how the deductions have been worked out.

Slick

Guru
hard to say as we are getting full pay including shift allowance effectvly
I think some payslips are going to take a bit of working out, and as it coincides with week 1 for Mr Taxman we have had a number of reports of last month's wage with huge deductions if they got their annual bonus as they seem to account for that to be their normal wage and tax them accordingly. The company I work for aren't topping up anything over the 80% and pay 2 weeks in arrears and 2 weeks in advance which means their first pay slip will include 2 weeks at full pay, 2 weeks at 80% 1 bank holiday at full rate and any annual leave they have requested which one person estimated 4 days would bring them back to where they needed to be. As everyone is salaried, there is a bit of guess work as to what your pay should actually be. :scratch:

potsy

Rambler
Been on reduced shifts for a few weeks now, looks like we are furloughing 20% of staff with the rest going back to full time from May 8th.

Top Bottom