How many bikes do you own/use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry if this has been done before.

Just interested in how many bikes people have & what they are used for.
Bikes that are used that is not ones just sitting unused in garages/sheds etc

I have 3. (at the moment)
Carrera Subway 1 for a 5 mile commute to Station (when I don't want to ride all the way to work.)
Kona Dew for longer 14 mile commute to work and weekend long distance rides. (Though looking at getting a Specialized Globe Comp for the rides)
GT Legato for exercise and pootling around locally.

Cheers
Ian.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have one, a Marin Hawkhill MTB on road tyres, currently on a trainer while I am trying something out.
My Dad has a cheapo duel suspension MTB that someone dumped in bits in our front garden. Having left it for a while and it was never claimed Dad took in and fixed it up for himself.

Maz

Guru
Just the one, unfortunately. A Spesh Sirrus. I really want a road bike now, but to keep things sweet in the household, I fear I will have to part with my current bike to do so.

I was thinking of getting a GT Legato (when I eventually settled on the Sirrus). Do you like the GT?

domtyler

Über Member
Three for me, a Dolan fixie used for commuting, a Marin Mill Valley, highly modified and used for winter commuting and weekend rides with family and a 2006 Focus Cayo for training and sportives.

yello

Bianchi SL3
Aravis audax
Pompino fixed
Claude Butler mtb
Avanti ex-mtb now tourer/everyday/hack bike

... so that's 5

HelenD123

Guru
I've just got the one at the moment, a Giant hybrid X Cross(?). I'm very tempted to get another but can't decide what I'd use most. MTB, road bike or tourer? I know someone will be along to say get all three!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Maz,
I have the GT Legato 3.
Love it, very light, quick responsive bike.
Has compact gearing, which I need for some of the hills around Kent.

Helen Get all three ;-)

ghitchen

Bianchi Via Nirone for "proper riding" and dry BST commuting
Marin Bear Valley rigid (heavily customised) for GMT and wet BST commuting
Marin Attack Trail full sus for mountain biking

Got 5 use 4.
The 4 I use are:
Kestrel Evoke road bike
Dawes Ultragalaxy touring bike
Santa Cruz Cushtail (mtb hardtail)
Ventana X5 (full suss all mountain bike)

And the one I don't use is a Specialized Big Hit downhill bike, which has been cannibalised by my other half for his various bikes. But it's the bike I'm riding in my avatar so it has some uses.

i've 3, a roberts steel tourer, 30 speed campag centaur, done 100 miles this year on it.
bike 2 is a unknown steel frame ,campag veloce 20 speed done around 200 miles on it.
bike 3 is a pompino fixed, done just short of 3000 on it.
i plan to have a rest from riding fixed after our clubs last "grand slam" event in august , so the other two may see more use!

Noodley

I have 3 bikes and another one on the way (second hand for 40 quid)

Bianchi Via Nirone for shorter flatter routes, upto about 100 miles.
Van Nicholas Yukon for longer and/or hillier rides.
Raleigh Chimera for going to the pub and pootling about on, and for the turbo.
The 4th bike will be used for pootling back and forward to town to the shops as it has racks, and taking the dog for a walk.

gbb

Legendary Member
err...4
Bianchi Via Nirone..., my favourite, currently very sick with a broken frame, soon to be replaced under warranty.
Trek 7.1FX...my leisure ride machine.
Raleigh 531 Clubman...completely rebuilt and updated...favoured bike while the Bianchi's off the road.
Raleigh Chimera...now my winter bike.

Top Bottom