How many bikes do you own/use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I have a couple
SL 3 Tarmac which is my road bike and my favorite.
Sirrus Sport hybrid which is my beaten and bruised on its last legs commuter.
Boardman Road Team given to me in bits at the minute bit of an old dog but a bit of tlc and should be a good bike.

Oh and a C2W voucher which should be here in under a month soooo........................................:whistle:

LetoKynes

Regular
2 - an old MTB and a road bike for longer rides :biggrin:

Sara_H

Guru
I currently have four bikes, two of which I use regularly at the moment.

Commuterized mountain bike - Specialized Myka. This was my main bike that I used for shopping, going to work, touring before I became unwell.

I have a pretty Raleigh Caprice - this was a bit of a folly, I was desperate for a pretty, girly bike and this ticks all the boxes. I've only ridden it a few times though, its a three speed sturmey archer gear which doesn't really cut it for the hill I live on!

A Decathlon Hoptown 5 folding bike - absolutely brilliant. Use it regularly for getting to the train station. Me and the OH work in the same place (but different shifts usually) and quite often on of us will drive in with the folder in the back and ride home. Very useful bike. ATM I am only riding it downhill!

Whoosh Santana electric bike. Recovering from serious ill health left me unable to manage to ride my normal bike - I didn't have the strength to manage the hills. I was getting a bit worried about it, plus I was trapped often as I don't have my own car so we purchased an electric bike. Brilliant! It's meant I can get out and about again, and brought some normality back to my life. Even means it going to be easier for me to get back to work.

I'm secretly harbouring a desire for a brompton.

gbb

Legendary Member
err...4
Bianchi Via Nirone..., my favourite, currently very sick with a broken frame, soon to be replaced under warranty.
Trek 7.1FX...my leisure ride machine.
Raleigh 531 Clubman...completely rebuilt and updated...favoured bike while the Bianchi's off the road.
Raleigh Chimera...now my winter bike.
2008, blimey.
Now it reads...
Ribble Sportive Racing / Veloce
Still got the Trek 7.1FX..albeit in bits from last year.
Still got the Clubman, but as I now have to drive to work, it gets no real use at all.
The Bianchi was replaced with a C2C Via Nirone...and funnily enough, that was sold just a couple weeks ago.

So, three for me.

3 bikes, sort of
1) an old, solid forked, hardtail mountain bike, which I can't quite bring myself to get rid of. One of these days I will put some skinny road tyres and a rear rack onto it and use it as a touring type bike. One of these days......

2) Decathlon Rockrider full sus mountain bike. Cheap and cheerful, but does all I need of it off road. I am not going to be jumping any 20 foot gaps or doing any "black runs" anytime soon. Not with my bad back / dodgy legs and extreme level of cowardice when it comes to the pain of crashing.

3) Powacycle e-bike which is mostly used when we are away in the campervan, as a way of exploring the area around campsites without having to take the van out every time. And it will carry a good amount of shopping in capacious panniers.....
When we move house, in the next few weeks, I hope this will become my main daily transport. Provided I can get a reasonably local job!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
  1. Nazca Fuego Sport recumbent for comfortable :thumbsup:, 'show off' fun rides
  2. Condor Fratello (Brookes, Barley) for audax (if I can find some mojo to do them again)
  3. Specialized Crossroads Cruise for shopping and town doodling

Top Bottom