How many bikes do you own/use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
down to 3 here also (was 5)
1 caygill steel tourer (made to measure) fav bike
2 boardman cx team ...winter hack and off road
3 cannondale synapse carbon with apex

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Four:
Trek Portland (commuter/pub bike/wet weather bike/any other time I feel like riding it bike). The only one I have with mudguards, as comfy as the Viner and barely slower in most conditions. Done over 7k miles since I got it in October 2011!
Viner Magnifica: Full carbon pride of the fleet. Long-range weapon of choice. Does get used all year round, dirt just another reason to clean it :smile:
Condor Squadra: Deputy road bike. Used for the NotLeJog a couple of years back as Viner was at the factory getting repaired. Not so much used since I got the Trek, but certainly not getting rid of it. Bit less comfy than those two, but still stiff yet comfortable enough for serious mileage.
Dahon Speed Pro TT: Chutney the folding missile. Doesn't actually get folded. Or ridden that much, TBH. But when I do, it never fails to raise a smile. Nippy little road rocket.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have four bikes

Trek Madone 3.5 for blatting about fastly on.
Whyte Coniston for Touring and canal tow paths, got mudguards and panniers and stuff on it.
1970 Dawes Kingpin, my project.
And a Raliegh I rescued from a tip, a future project.

Actually I have another Dawes kingpin as well, which is a complete bike but is going to be a donor bike for the project.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
2 (at the moment)

Raleigh Firefly hardtail MTB converted to tourer/ winter commuter
Dawes Karakum 2011 - Tourer and summer commuter

Got a N+1 itch that I will be scratching this week and getting a Ridgeback Tour 2013 to use as a light tourer/commuter/(non competitive) Audax bike

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol how things change eh?

Wow things change indeed.
I still have the Subway 1 (on loan to brother but getting back soon) it's a bombproof bike.
Kona Dew was a great bike. But the frame got bent so took it apart for bits.
The GT Legato I sold to a friend of a friend.

D

Deleted member 1258

My fixed, a Pearson Touché, is my main bike, I have a Verenti Kilmeston for best, sunny Sundays, and I have an old Dawes Giro 300 that lives on the turbo and is only used for winter training.

D

Deleted member 23692

:smile:
Cube LTD MTB with 2 sets of wheels - one shod with knobblies for off-road fun, and the other shod with slicks for on-road recreational/utility usage and touring
Cube Peleton road bike for blatting about recklessly on

alicat

Legendary Member
Five

A red Brompton PR6-X with a SP dynohub for boldly commuting in London

A claret Giant Expression N3 modern sit up and beg bike that I have converted to Shimano Nexus 7 and modified to be the mutt's nuts of shopping bikes for pootling around on and local errands

A ruby Pearson Audax equipped with Ultegra for CTC club rides

A graphite Pearson Touche fixed with courier bars for fun

A Longstaff 853 steel tourer with 26" wheels for touring

They get used approximately in that order at the mo.

The shopper bike, fixed and Brompton are my favourites.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Three and a bit.
1) Old MTB (Carrera summat or other) I bought for £30 9 yrs ago. It's my knock about bike, go anywhere, do anything. It's had a new back wheel, new chainset and headset (+the usual tyres, brake blocks etc) during its time with me, but it is still going v strong, and I aim to keep it for a long time to come. Till recently, it was also my occasional commuter, and it's been on mini tours also round Northumberland and also in London/Surrey around there.

2) The Roadie. Bottom of range Giant OCR4 bought 7 years ago, still going strong, just put new cassette on the back, so now its 52-39 front, 12-28 rear.. No problems, fantastic bike, love it to bits.

3) Most recent purchase is a Revolution County Traveller. It's only done 37 miles so far!! (but some twerp managed to scratch it already in the bike sheds grrr). I aim to get out and about on it a lot more as and when my current v busy work schedule allows me to.

4) The 'and a bit' is the frame/wheels of a 23yr old MTB which I aim to make into a fun single speed as and when I get round to it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have:
one of the older blue dragon design Kaffenbacks, which I need to get sorted out as the seatpost is cold-welded in...;

a Blue 4AL alu/carbon racing thing, which is what I ride most of the time;

a Titus Motolite 2 (still in bits);

and soon, a Brompton M6L... which is supposedly my wife's... ;-)

Changes since 2008:

The Kaffenback and the Motolite are once again in bits, and so is the Blue (so that's 3 out of action).

The shop we ordered the Brompton off accidentally put in a double order and gave us the second identical M6L cheap, and I ride that regularly, home and away.

I also regularly ride my single-speed, which I got when I was in Japan in 2009.

Since moving to Ontario, I've built myself an ice-bike for winter commuting. This was essential the first winter there but the winter just gone was so warm and snow-free, I hardly needed it.

Finally, when I started doing tri, I acquired a very black Planet-X Stealth TT frame on sale and built it up with good parts stripped from another TT bike (with a bad frame) I bought second hand. I train and race on this.

So that's 4 working bikes which I have been using regularly. The last couple of months I have been in Denmark and I've been riding a hired sit-up-and-beg bike. When I am back in Tokyo again from June, I will probably take the Brompton. I would love to take the Stealth too, so I can train and maybe ride some tris and sportives but it looks too complicated - we'll see though. It is very light...

Bakfiets LWB cargobike, Taurus Contropedale Italian single speed w. coaster brake, Schwinn Black Phantom Centenary, Brompton 3spd Ti, Kona Africa.

(Sold the road bike, sold the mountain bike)

Hoping to have a bike made this year too.

BSRU

A Human Being
Four bikes,
A steel tourer which is my main commuting bike:bicycle: , three and a half sets of wheels.
A road bike for sunny day commutes:sun: , two sets of wheels.
A steel CX bike for ice commuting and back up bike:cold: , a very new bike^_^ .
A cheap MTB with snow tyres on for commuting in snow:rain:+:cold: , only used three days in the past two winters.

Top Bottom