How many bikes do you own/use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

2 - one roady bike and 1 knock around (shop trips and the likes..) which I'm borrowing from me Dad :biggrin:

I have 4 bikes;

Wilier Izoard Pro - full carbon racing machine

Bianchi Via Nirone - carbon/alu spring & summer training bike

Ribble - autumn/winter training bike. Sometimes gets used to cycle to work as well

Trek hybrid - commuter bike complete with rack and pannier. Weights a ton!!!:biggrin:

I quite fancy a hardtail MTB as well just for the occasional blast on the local trails

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Only three now. Oh wait, four.

1. The blue hack

Clarty ol' shitter road bike with mudguards and downtube shifters. Used for commuting and as a place to put the hand-me-down equipment from other bikes. Lives in leaky shed.

2. Specialized Allez

Use for commuting in better weather and longer rides at the weekend. I might replace this with something nicer, either that or a nice wheel upgrade for it. That means the hack gets some new wheels too.

3. TT bike

Quintana Roo PR compact. Used for TTs and training for them. It makes a good commuter actually (except for the shifters being in the wrong place, might build a commuter bike out of an old TT frame with some bullhorn bars etc.)

4. Marin Bolinas Ridge

Real beat-up thing, seatpost got stuck years ago. Used for pullin' the trailer. Has been used for commuting, touring, shopping. Currently on loan to someone else, not sure whether it's in regular use. Thinking of getting it back and using it for an off-road tour.

got-to-get-fit

Bianchi 928 C2C - road bike for the .........well for everything really, i enjoy riding it so much.

Carrera Kraken mountain bike - for when the Bianchi is poorly sick.

I am going to buy a winter hack though ...i promise. Keep scanning the local papers for a 40quid relic from the 80's but none so far!!

Plax

Guru
Dawes Ultra Galaxy - Now my main commuting bike
GT Nomad Sport - For when it rains
CrApollo Charm MTB - Got this one from Freecycle. Fixed the brakes & Gears, but the wheels are out of true and I haven't been bothered trying to true them myself. Was thinking of just recycling it. Costs about £7 a wheel to get it done at the LBS so not really worth it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hang on, I'll count. Erm, 3. Or 4 soon...

The carbon road bike, the flat-bar tourer, and the MTB.
That'll be three.
I've got the old Ribble frame to build at some point - that'll be four. That'll do, I suspect.

postman

Legendary Member
Just two Galaxy really comfortable and reliable but will not turn many heads.And a Giant Rincon for the towpath stuff we now do.But i have spotted a Wilier Escape Xenon xxxl which is 59.5.And could be too big for me so the shop says.But no spare cash yet.I would love to try a really good fast road bike just to see how good i could be.

Abitrary

Best bike is an old 1990s specialized runster which I still keep looking good.

Fixie conversion is an old Bremstein (please forgive me!)

Hack bike is an old dutch thing that I can't bear to even look at yet love telling people about.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Scott CR1 pro

Spesh Allez

Dawes Cape Wrath mtb

Dawes Ultra Galaxy

Raleigh Sprint on the turbo

Old Galaxy (on the garden wall with petunias growing over it)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
A Giant SCR4 and a Sea Sure(cheap) Folder. I have a frame aswell which is being painted then going to be built up. So thats sort of half a bike.

Rocky Mountain Vertex Team Scandium; w. RockShox SID World Cup forks, w. Black Box carbon crown + steerer, Mavic Xmax Ceramic Wheelset, SRAM X.0 rear mech, 9.0 Sl shifters, Raceface Ti BB and cranks, Goldtech Ti rings, Sram hollow pin chain, Easton bar + post, Selle Italia Gen Gel Ti, Avid Ultimate brakes with Supreme levers.

Schwinn Black Phantom Centenary, Dyno Flame tyres, Profile Imperial ring, Gwald chain. Defendered.

BSA Competition 531 w. Campag mix

And the one I ride the most;

Barn-find English ladies roadster C1880. Filthy and rusty and minging. Pumped the bearings full of grease, replaced the rear wheel with a 3spd coaster from an Indian Atlas, fitted a less old saddle and new tyres. It's the oldest and shittest bike I have ever owned and she rides like a dream.

Top Bottom