How many bikes do you own/use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have two which are used regularly (ish) - a Dawes Galaxy and a Cannondale T600. Ms RT has a Galaxy and a Thing I built out of the bits box and a frame I found in someone's bin. I also have two Kona Lavadome frames and all the bits for one Kona Lavadome in a box, a 531C track frame and all the bits for a fixie in a box and a 1950s Freddie Grubb road frame, all on the Projects list.

Just the one for now - a Trek4300 with an upgraded fork, currently on road tyres following Amsterdame, but feel I could really do with a new bike somehow...

Trillian

i've got three sat in the flat,

old peugeot road bike i was given to fix up and sell, needs new rear tyre and tube ideally to be used. had hoped millie might use it, but its a bit big for her.

got my old carlton origionally bought new by my dad in the 60's, he sold it to my uncle shortly before going to uni who used it to get to and from work as a mechanic, it broke one day and so just sat at work as he just drove his work vehicle home instead (his own business) it then sat in the shed for 20 years at his house when the business moved
I pulled it out of there last easter and re-built it
now gets used every day for commuting the couple of miles to uni and back and anywhere else I need to go, been to rugby and warwick on it too (based in coventry)

also got my On One inbred SS, started out as a standard specialized hardrock, gradually upgraded until only the stem, brakes, levers and saddle were original, bent the frame so bought the Inbred, all thats left of the hardrock is the saddle and stem. gets used off road very often and a bit of street,

other bikes:
feel i should include my "other half" (one day perhaps :biggrin: ) bike, she's got a Trek 4000 thats not quite standard that was cluttering up space in the back of my local bike shop so got it cheap.

all the above, bar the pug get used often.

I've also got the reminants of a early 90's muddy fox and raleigh maraderer at my parents house.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Orbea Enol
Felt Z80
Kona Dr Dew
...all of which I swap around and use for commuting and fun.

And an unbadged road bike that I took out to Greece and leave there so that I don't have to hire each time I go back.

Keith Oates

Janner
Colnago C40
Giant TCR
Giant FCR
Giant ATX
Thorn Brevet
Oasis (Local Vietnam make - Aluminium frame)
A no name MTB with Aluminium frame of Taiwanese origin.

All fitted out with various Shimano gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not all in one country though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably have around 200 to chose from the Cyclemagic fleet but to be honest I very rarely ride any of them any more.

I've got around 20 vintage/veteran bikes myself and they all get ocassional use.

Main bike at the moment is an old Dawes Galaxy I picked up for £40

asterix

Comrade Member
My tourer (custom 531), audax (Roberts, Columbus) in France plus a W.I.P. repair job (531) and a Brompton in the UK.

red_tom

Cannondale R1000 for Sunday best
Flat barred Pompino for commuting, pub, getting to rowing etc.
Botteccia permanetly mounted in a turbo.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Giant OCR 4 - roadie-ing at weekends mostly
Some old but good Carrera summink I bought for 30 quid but did up a bit - commuting, occasional off-road, hopefuul C2C this summer
Raleigh mtb from the 1980s.... lending to visitors who want to pootle, hanging shopping off, nicking bits off for the Carrera.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Dave5N said:
If it's good enough for the pub, it's good enough for work.

Track bikes have a fixed wheel.

doh:blush: of course a track is fixed. dopey me:blush:

but by work bike, i don't mean a gentleman's conveyance to the office or foundry, but the sort of thing granville rode around on and that might easily carry 2 x 75ltrs of multi purpose compost, or a sack of potatoes back from the allotment.:ohmy:. there are often journeys that need a car, that suddenly don't when you have one. :biggrin: it lives outside, is covered in birdshit and cost £25 from the local paper. not the one in the photo, obviously, but similar & rustier

delibike.jpg

Top Bottom