How Many Bikes Should A Cyclist Own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
origamikev said:
PLEASE O PLEASE, Lets keep this descent all sorts of people read this so no more of the "S" word thank you. If folks want to be "sensible" there is a time and place but thank god I've not found it.

Many people ride the same path no two people have the same ride

If you would care to read the sentence correctly the ‘s’ word as you put it is actually ‘sh1t’ as in sh(one)t. As far as I am aware this is not a word in the any language and therefore cannot have an offensive connotation only an interpretation taken from the vernacular may cause offence.
As I have used this expression in other areas of this and many other forums without adverse comment and I will course cease and desist on the advice of the forum admin.

Forum admin may I have guidance please?

Mr Phoebus

origamikev said:
PLEASE O PLEASE, Lets keep this descent all sorts of people read this so no more of the "S" word thank you. If folks want to be "sensible" there is a time and place but thank god I've not found it.

Many people ride the same path no two people have the same ride

I'm pretty sure that's what he jokingly meant. ;)

If not, please excuse me for being a shoot-for-brains. :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
Mr Phoebus said:
I'm pretty sure that's what he jokingly meant. ;)

If not, please excuse me for being a shoot-for-brains. :biggrin:

I must admit that I did not see the humour in his point, more a DomTyler attitude.

longers

Legendary Member
mickle said:
I've recently agreed to sell my Rocky Mountain Vertex and am regretting it already. :blush:

No :ohmy: That was a fine bike ;)

Giving it to me might have made you feel better. Maybe.

origamikev

satans budgie said:
If you would care to read the sentence correctly the ‘s’ word as you put it is actually ‘sh1t’ as in sh(one)t. As far as I am aware this is not a word in the any language and therefore cannot have an offensive connotation only an interpretation taken from the vernacular may cause offence.
As I have used this expression in other areas of this and many other forums without adverse comment and I will course cease and desist on the advice of the forum admin.

Forum admin may I have guidance please?

You have misread me i'm not bothered about that "s" word it's the other "s" word you know the one ( sensible) how can people use this word when it comes to owning bikes

Kevin

jay clock

Massive member
it is something I get quizzed on. I stuck on 5 for ages, but jumped to 6 a week or two back. Mainly because I have moved and bikes all stay in sheds in the garden and have to be carried through the house, except one which I am allowed to keep indoors. So that was a new basic road bike with mudguards, lights and rack (Trek 1.2). This serves all purposes except off road. It is a pretty good bike The other 5 are

• better road bike, now only for summer and racing (triathlons),
  • MTB, rarely used
  • tourer (expensive and tough but not usable as the "one" bike to keep indoors as it is an expedition bike), only used for touring
  • folder, little used but ideal when I need it!
  • and finally the one I cannot justify is the Carerra Subway, but I love it as an allrounder and have upgraded all the drivetrain and the wheels so not really worth selling. Ideal for taking on family holidays as it will do road or offroad. To be honest it does 98% of what my Koga Miyata touring bike does

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
origamikev said:
You have misread me i'm not bothered about that "s" word it's the other "s" word you know the one ( sensible) how can people use this word when it comes to owning bikes

Kevin

Or guitars ... I had eight at last count. Why do I need eight? I don't!

Abitrary

Kirstie said:
I have 5 and want another - a folder. Looking at airnimal or brompton on the bike to work scheme next year.
The current 5 are:
carbon roadie
853 tourer
mtb hardtail
mtb 5" FS trail bike
mtb 8" travel DH bike

How can you afford all that? I thought you worked for the council.

I only own 1 bike :biggrin:, Giant escape :smile:
Got access to the ships bike (carrera subway) when at work and go with jay clock on it - decent allrounder. Horrible seat and suspension seatpost gives a very loose feel to the seat that makes it feel like its about to fall off though

I am however having a great deal of difficulty not pressing the 'buy' button here. I haven't yet due fear of wifely reaction, but my mouse finger is caressing the button. HELP!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm thinking road bike, crosser (or tourer) for the fat tyredness, folder for the train, cargo bike for the shopping.

Top Bottom