How Many Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Mechanically, my 850's seemed pretty decent quality. If I ever come across a mens large size Mountain Track frame cheap, I'd be sorely tempted to build it up using the donor parts and ride it. I think mine were owned by youngsters who eventually outgrew them as they came as a matching pair.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've only got 4, I feel like a pauper.

I've got rid of 2.5 bikes this year during lockdown. Got good prices too. My fixed gear commuter went to someone local, sons old 24" MTB to someone from Sheffield and the tag-a-long to someone local too. All very happy customers - they bikes were in super condition.

I've two vintage road bikes (both in tip top condition), a vintage rigid MTB and a hooligan full suspension MTB. I may need a cross bike some time, but not so sure my back would appreciate it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I sold three in lockdown...bought one...and then another in the summer (impulse buy but will be good for rehab hopefully).
5 really is my limit, 4 in Asgard, one in shed...unless I want one in the house all the time (there usually is but nice to have the option of not :laugh:)

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
Hi there

I have 4 Bianchi bikes, a BMC and a Giant TCR. Giant have got a good deal on their TCR disc version and I'm thinking of buying one and selling my BMC. Is that bad to have/want so many bikes?!

J
4 Bianchi's good man I used to have 2 Bianchi's but sold one to my mate so he could join us on road bikes rather than just having a MTB.

so i now have :
Bianchi Infinito CV (the summer bike), Vintage peugeot tourer (used to be station hack when commuting), an Arkose gravel bike I use for winter and offroad (2 wheel sets), a fixie/SS which was used for London end of commute, a Brommie, a vintage Gary Fisher MTB, a careera MTB, and an old saracen mtb which lives in france. I make that 8.
I should really sell on the fixie /SS as no longer working in London and its too high geared for local hills.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ribble ratbike - 7 speed, riser bars. My go-to bike.
Ribble nice bike - 16 speed, but soon to be 8. Flat bars.
Raleigh DynaTech Ti - singlespeed, drop bars.
Brompton M12R.
531st handbuilt. Needs paint / powdercoat, then probably rebuilt in a retro tourer style. Drop bars, downtube levers, the whole thing.
Unless I do it as a fixed...
Cheap E-Bike. Used for commuting, so not really a thing at the moment.
Then there's the ones for sale soon.
Mission Trike, Carlton 1970s 10-speed, child-size Raleigh Winner, GT MTB womens frame.

That might sound like a lot, but I've actually got rid of about 8 in the last two years!

rivers

How far can I go?
I currently have 4:
Sublime Zoku- my summer and dry weather road bike. Aero road bike. It's a dream to ride and by far my favourite. It's fast and fun.
Felt F40x- Cyclocross/gravel bike, used for wet weather and winter riding and commuting. I also use it for bikebacking as I've had the gearing swapped out for a 46/30 with 11-34 on the back. Sometimes has slicks, sometimes has knobblies depending on what I'm using it for. Bit of a pig to ride on the road, but good fun off-road on bridleways and singletrack. Gearing is spot on for loaded riding.
Cannondale Slice- My TT bike I bought over lockdown 1.0. Not really good for much besides riding fast. It's currently sat on the turbo for my winter training because I have silly things planned for this year and need to get used to the position.
Cube AMS Comp- Full suss mountain bike give to me by a friend to give some much needed love and attention. I've fixed it up and taken it to play on the trails at Ashton Court a few times. It's good fun on rougher terrain, and I have had some spectacular offs so far. Hopefully I can take it a bit further afield in the summer.

Top Bottom