how many cars in 34 yrs...................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Does a Fiat count as a car? If so, one car and three vans since 1988.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My first car was a Fiat Panda :wub:- we managed seven happy years and 70,000 miles together before it went to live in Cardiff.

In 22 years I've owned 3 cars, and 6 1/2 bikes.

My first "car" was a Fiat Panda too! I did like it. It just fell to pieces in a bit of a hurry.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My first "car" was a Fiat Panda too! I did like it. It just fell to pieces in a bit of a hurry.
Mine also fell to pieces, but it was quite easy to put back together again! It only had a 750 engine but was really good fun to drive <happy memories>.
It had over 90,000 miles on the clock when I sold it, wonder if it made it to 100,000 or if it broke down on the way to Cardiff...

Starting at the beginning, which for me was December 17th 1988 when I passed my test (1st time :becool:)
1981 Skoda 120LSE. Rebuilt engine, sold to a friend.
1982 Fiat Strada Super 85. Quick for a second car, crashed into a lamp-post (stupid!), written off.
1980 Talbot Solara SX. Electric windows, cruise control, trip computer, power steering, and all for £425. Scrapped.
1989 Citroen BX 19RD. Economical, comfortable load-lugger. Sold privately.
There now follows an intermission whilst Browser spends about 18 months not owning a car and buggering about with motorbikes
1989 Skoda 130 LSE. Yes, I had another one! What can I say, I got nostalgic :blush:
1985 Audi 80 Sport. Needed Arnbie-esque arms muscles due to no power steering ('Vy do you need power steerink veek-armed Englishman?") but good fun.
We are now into married territory.
Rover Montego Countryman (can't remember the year). Can't even redeem myself with it having been the diesel, 2.0 litre petrol. Did the job, wen't before the dreaded Longbridge rot set in.
1993 Toyota Carina GTi. Ohhh this was a fun one, fast and spacious, miss this one :sad:
2000 Citroen Xsara Picasso. Good load lugger, never did like the power delivery (1.8 petrol) had to go when we got a caravan as it couldn't cope.
2007 Kia Sedona. Basically a van with windows, huge inside, thirsty but lugs the 'van like a champ. Want to get it re-mapped this year if at all possible.

lordloveaduck

Does this include Corgi cars? if so around 100 if not it's 0

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I get a new company car every three months or so and have since I passed my test 25 years ago so it's around 100, plus the 4 I have actually owned (I pay company car tax so the others count!) fiats, nissans, vw's, mitsubishis, vauxhalls, rovers, jeeps, toyotas and Peugeots.

Plus 5 motorbikes, honda Nsr 125rr, aprilia rs125, Kawasaki zx6r, Ducati 748 and a Harley 1200 custom.

Plus 6 bicycles, from 12... Raleigh grifter, Raleigh record, trek mountain bike, Marin bobcat trail, Specialized allez elite and a Peugeot single speed.

I think I passed my test in 95 drove a VW Polo for a couple of years it done around 18,000 miles (I didn't cycle then) and bought a Toyota Startlet and had that up until 2 months ago when I gave it to my sister. IIRC it was 6months 14,000 miles old when I bought it and it'd done 33,500 miles when I gave it to my sister. I was supposed to be needing a car for the job in Chelmsford but never did, after buying a Yaris :sad: It was down and up to Chelmsford three times (circa 1,200 miles). So I think thats 3 cars in 17 years or 38,700miles. In the 5.75 years I've been keeping records, I've cycled nearly 42,000miles.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I've unliked you in case my wife wants to marry you.:ohmy:

Ha, yeah but if it's only my cars she's after I'm not interested!!!

My favourite last year before my daughter got too big to go in the back...Peugeot RCZ, photo taken nr the res at anglezarke, rivington.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341092711.854810.jpg

fuji-stu

L reg rover 214, p reg 406 td(great car), white mr2, rover25 gti nippy,Citroen xsara (rubbish), Audi a4 estate good car had 230000 miles when turbo went), r reg merc180 estate slow and thirsty, Renault Clio good little car, now have pug expert van for work and a rover 25 for the misses to learn in, also had Honda cbr, way too many bikes too count, currently a orange five am, a Scott cr1 comp and a fuji rubaix.

Top Bottom