how many cells would i need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza19

hi everyone
i have a cyclematic powerplus electric bike the battery is a 24v 10ah in a silverfish case i have charged it and it is only getting to 14 volts My question is how many cells would it take to replace the battery or does anyone know if it would be possible to replace it with drill batteries

gbb

Legendary Member
Its going to be more than 7 batteries (cells), all dependant on the Ahr output of the battery and the cells you use.

Lets say 18650 cells at 3.7 v each, thats 6 or 7 cells to get you 24v (give or take) but there would be very little capacity (running time or Ahr

The build up of the battery is quite complex to get you 24v AND a higher capacity, there will be far more cells in there to get you that Ahr capacity.

Ultimately, it all depends on the mAh capaicy of the cells you use, they have a wide range from 750 mAh (and probably lower) to 2600 mAh (and probably higher)

I don't understand the higher stuff but that's the very basics as i see it.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Its going to be more than 7 batteries (cells), all dependant on the Ahr output of the battery and the cells you use.

Lets say 18650 cells at 3.7 v each, thats 6 or 7 cells to get you 24v (give or take) but there would be very little capacity (running time or Ahr

The build up of the battery is quite complex to get you 24v AND a higher capacity, there will be far more cells in there to get you that Ahr capacity.

Ultimately, it all depends on the mAh capaicy of the cells you use, they have a wide range from 750 mAh (and probably lower) to 2600 mAh (and probably higher)

As I understand it they wire the cells in series to get the required voltage, and in Parallel to get the desired current.

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

thank you thats what i was thinking because of the parallel side of it

Top Bottom