How many miles do you have to drive a month...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
She does like me, even loves me, so she tells me. It must be the music that drives her away.

That's twice around the planet to get away from Can, seems reasonable.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Around 2500 per month in a company car. We have noticed a small difference with the wife's car. The other car which would benefit from cheaper petrol is trapped forever in the garage thanks to a liberal sprinkling of huge speed mountains that have been inflicted upon the village.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'm very lucky in that I rarely have to drive at all. Maybe 100 miles a month. I drove 75 miles yesterday (for work) and it was bloody awful. That'll be it though now for a few weeks thank heaven!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Around 800 miles per month for business and family stuff- compared to 2000 a month when I started the practice... hardly need to go out of the office for meetings anymore or use the post- everything sent by email and drop-box. Skype and video conferencing will hopefully continue to put paid to the need to travel an hour each way or so for 15 minute meetings.

Also made a big difference when our 2 left home and we stopped being a taxi service, offset by parents and in-laws now needing a shuttle service mainly to shops and hospitals now that they can't walk far.

screenman

Legendary Member
On top of my 2500 miles the wife does about 600 miles, so although not halved on the fuel cost we have noticed a difference.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have cut my fuel bill by about 90% this month, by not working. Not through choice; agency driving has fallen on it's arsse and won't pick up until March at least. In saving on my fuel bill, I have also cut my tax bill by 100%. Win/win :thumbsup:. Ahh, just a moment, I see a problem with this in the longer term ...... :sad:

screenman

Legendary Member
I have cut my fuel bill by about 90% this month, by not working. Not through choice; agency driving has fallen on it's arsse and won't pick up until March at least. In saving on my fuel bill, I have also cut my tax bill by 100%. Win/win :thumbsup:. Ahh, just a moment, I see a problem with this in the longer term ...... :sad:

The joys of being self employed.

young Ed

Veteran
surprises me with people on here driving over 1,00 or even over 2,00 a month. even for work.
although long haul lorry drivers/truckers do a fair bit more then this a expect!
Cheers Ed

gbb

Legendary Member
Commuting by car, about 900 miles a month.
I dont really feel any real benefit from what I'm saving, i cqn possibly it stretch a bit longer between my visits to the petrol station.
Calculating as I'm writing this....rough figures, unless I'm wildly wrong somewhere, dont get pedantic..:thumbsup:
900 miles ÷47mpg=19 gallons of fuel
Last fill was £1.05 ltr ×4.546 = £4.77 gallon.
Most expensive I remember was about £1.32 ltr × 4.546 = £6.00 gallon.
19 gallons at 4.77 = £91
19 gallons at 6.00 = £114?..

Saving of £23 a month.
whats that as an average ?..i was always crud at working averages out.

stephec

Legendary Member
Between 30000 to 35000 miles a year for work, it used to be higher until we got regionally based engineers.

My record was about ten years ago, I had a two year old Mazda 6 with 85000 miles on it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
To and from work mainly, about 500 miles a month @ 53mpg.
Workwise, 8,000 to 10,000 km per month.
Certainly saving me a few ££ on petrol at the moment.
Luckily I don't have to pay for the diesel!!

Top Bottom