How many miles was your LEJOG or JOGLE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I think it takes a strange commitment to want to ride LEJOG / JOGLE, but this year it makes more sense. Any other year I'd rather spend 2 weeks on my bike in France/Spain/Italy/almost anywhere except in the UK!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think it takes a strange commitment to want to ride LEJOG / JOGLE, but this year it makes more sense. Any other year I'd rather spend 2 weeks on my bike in France/Spain/Italy/almost anywhere except in the UK!
This was the case for my friend's LEJoG this year. We were supposed to be riding around Brittany following the tour right now so as a replacement he rode end to end visiting friends and relatives and invited people to ride along with him. I couldn't take the whole time off but joined in for a few days.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We are doing it (leaving for Penzance on Monday :okay:) as we have never done a bike tour before so a UK one is a good way to dip our toes in the water. Plus it is a high profile route so it's a good way to raise money (we've managed about £6,500 so far)

If we enjoy it we will probably do a tour somewhere else like you suggest. If we don't enjoy it we won't

Venod

Eh up
I posted this in another thread, the route looked interesting on screen.

Never being a big turbo fan, but the smart trainers have made it a bit more interesting, I like Zwift but there are only so many times you can smite Yoda's Tricycle, the CC Bkool leagues look a bit too quick for me and are at the wrong times for me.
I liked the real world rides and videos of Bkool, so decided to do Lejog on the Turbo using the Tacx TT4 software and the files from this guys real world ride.

https://oldbatonabike.wordpress.com/lejog-route/lejog-gpx-files/

What a fantastic route, with some unexpected sections, Tacx use Google Earth and Street View, that updates as you cycle along, unfortunately Google decided to update their streetview and this caused problems with the Tacx software, this happened just as I got to the interesting west coast of Scotland and its Islands, so all Scotland was completed with helicopter view only. (Tacx are working on a fix)

45 Turbo session's

66hrs 29min 56 secs

Average speed about 15.95 mph

1126.5 Mile 78,480 ft climbed.

Tacx Neo Turbo
2 bikes used
2 new front derailleurs (both broken in the quick changes of elevation in Cornwall/Devon)
1 new rear gear cable
1 new chain.

Parcicle

998 recorded miles last year (was definitely over 1,000 with unrecorded bits to and from hotels).
9 days and 1 change of clothes (just a top tube bag and the usual saddle bag for luggage).

Got a nice map done by English Cyclist that now hangs on my wall! Sadly no medal to go with it.

Attachments

• LEJOG.jpg
    LEJOG.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 13

Solocle

Ãœber Member
1625944368907.png

Should be over 1K miles with toing and froing!

August/September revisiting old haunts around Leeds. Including climbing Fleet Moss.

Top Bottom