How many non Scottish people like Whisky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

djtheglove said:
Well let me put it this way (as a non surfer) I do a lot of sailing.

There are beaches on Islay where there is always surf, quite often really big surf. They are renowned for very bad undertow so surfing or indeed even swimming is not reccommended, People do drown in that undertow.

Having said that I know that reall surfer's are not put off by a bit of undertow and know how to deal with it. I have met people who have surfed their without any problem's and I believe there is a guy who will act as a guide, no idea who he is though.

So if you don't mind just turning up and finding the beaches and giving it a go then you will probably be fine. Some of the best beaches are not accessible by road, the local farmer's are used to people walking across their land and don't mind as long as you don't park accross their gateway, yes people do actualy do that!

Oh the best thing about Islay, is the solitude, if you want an audience then go to Bournemouth as quite often even on a blazing hot sunny day you might get about 5 people on a 3 mile stretch of beach. The locals aren't really used to sun and will probably be working anyway so apart from a few holiday makers there will be no one to bother you.

Its amazingly beautiful when the sun shines, just enjoy the peacefulness.;)

Must stop now, I could go on for ever.

Cheers!
And have a virtual dram!

radger

Veteran
I am very non-Scottish, and I like whisky (and whiskey). For preference, Speyside or Highland malts, especially Balvenie double wood.
I can't have it in the house though, because Mr Radger has no respect for the stuff and drinks it as if it's Grouse or something xx( - he always gets cheap horrible blended whisky from the supermarket.
He finished a bottle of Glenmorangie and couldn't understand why I was p*ssed off (there had been about a third of the bottle left). :ohmy:

Top Bottom