How many of us are there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rowdin

Terence david
I got a genesis day-one last December, and have been riding it ever since. On a 46-18 (700-28) tyre 68.3 gear inches. I've cycled about 1300 miles so far this year and have loved every minute.
About a 50/50 split commuting and leisure miles. I haven't done a imperial century on it yet, but now a have got me a books saddle I will be.

Basil.B

Guru
I got a genesis day-one last December, and have been riding it ever since. On a 46-18 (700-28) tyre 68.3 gear inches. I've cycled about 1300 miles so far this year and have loved every minute.
About a 50/50 split commuting and leisure miles. I haven't done a imperial century on it yet, but now a have got me a books saddle I will be.

100 miles on a Brooks saddle, good luck! :headshake:

vickster

Legendary Member
One here, Pearson Touche single speed. But due to knee surgery I've not ridden it this year and according to Strava, only 90.7 miles in total (there might be a few non Strava'd rides) ... I've not had it *that* long! (OK start October) :blush:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Probably the majority of my miles are on singlespeed (Trek 4th District) as it's my main commuter, though I switch backwards and forwards between geared and SS bikes depending on what I feel like so I'm not sure. Also did a 200 audax on it last May. Currently on 65" which now things are warming up is feeling a little spinny so I may go back to the 68" I had before. Gear limited by what I can get up a certain steep hill on the way to work.

Tried fixed last summer for a few weeks, but mentally can't get back to it at the moment after striking a pedal and having to have my arm pinned back together, so for the moment at least the freewheel stays.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah did Mike buy it from you? Was it you who cut the steerer tube so short!? Or do you mean you had a touche?

Voinar

I've been riding single speed since last xmas.

MTB/Hybrid 26" wheels with a 60" gear, when I first rode it the gear felt really big and hard work into a headwind but now it's very manageable.

I usually average 160 km a week - mostly flatlands cyclepath riding.

oldstrath

Über Member
Just bought a 2010 day one to replace the bike a visually challenged eejit drove over. Currently singlespeed, I'll put a cog on it tomorrow.

Probably about 200 miles a week, mostly on the fixed/ss except for a few more serious off road trips

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
In my days of club riding, I used gears, fixed & single speed bikes, whichever took my fancy.

Used to do about 7,500 miles a year, mostly Sunday rides of over 70 miles, with one exception of a ride up to Shrewsbury one Saturday, my longest ride of around 200 miles in a day. (Did commuter rides through the week, which was enough to keep up my fitness.)

After a couple of injuries, I'm still not doing much riding unfortunately, but I have my bikes for the odd occasions that I do get out for a ride. (20~40 miles seems to be it for me nowadays.)
I have a Felt S/Spd (60"), Boardman L/W hybrid, GT5 road, & Raleigh town bike.
(Old?) age & being unfit don't really help either, as this part of the country has some big steep hills that I have to walk up. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't change be a much, so that counts as an SS ;)

Seriously though, my SS is an MTB, ideal.for filthy conditions when you don't want to spend your day cleaning deliberations.

Been riding fixed exclusively for 8/9 years now,I cover around 8000 moles a year,commuting and 9 or 10 century rides a year,ride 78" in flattish areas and 72" in the hills,been riding a Tifosi frame for the past year
I think we have ridden with you a couple of times, the one that sticks out though was @fossyant's very soggy Jodrell Bank ride.

I don't change be a much, so that counts as an SS ;)

Seriously though, my SS is an MTB, ideal.for filthy conditions when you don't want to spend your day cleaning deliberations.
Looking at your list of bikes there is definitely one missing.

Top Bottom