How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
2 folk on dog walk, stayed well away as we are on day 4 of 14 self isolated so not going anywhere aside from the park as the hounds need to run and the odd bike ride.
Your dogs can ride bikes, that's class. 😂

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Went to the local shop - used the self-check-out so 0
Also the hardware shop for a bolt - spoke to the lady from about 10 feet away so 0
Screwfix for fence paint from about 6 feet away for 20 seconds so 0
Bike ride on my own, stopped to collect a takeaway coffee from a shop and they were about 8 feet away so 0

Total: 0 and lots of wipes

I'm unwell with a chest infection and asthma so having to be very careful.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Passed a guy on a penny farthing. Commented it must be v windy up there, he said it was. As his head was probably 10 foot up in the air and I gave him a wide birth decided I had distanced myself sufficiently. :okay:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
1 = checkout person. Rest of shop pretty much deserted. Proper social distancing.

1 yesterday. 1 thursday. 0 weds. 2 tuesday. 0 monday.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
Chemist but only one customer at a time.Queued outside and left space between.Five people walked past me as i was litter picking.Visit to the off licence she was behind glass a former po counter.Spoke to my neighbours a good six foot.Expect nobody tomorrow,but shopping Monday morning early the 70 and over brigade.

On a different note people are posting about customers here in the Meanwood Aldi going in whole families and clearing the place.Looking forward to Monday and seeing how many under 70's try to get in early.At Sainsburys.

Venod

Eh up
Son came round with mothers day present for Mrs Venod but kept his distance, daughter also came with present but I never saw her she didn't come in, the postman did give me a parcel, so I will register that as one contact.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
First stop the pharmacy to pick up my BP meds. Notice on the counter saying no paracetemol, etc, but much to my surprise was able to find a couple of packs next door in Asda (plus the essential bottle of Scotch).

Quick visit to the library to stock up on reading material for the duration, trying to pick paperbacks that didn't look like they'd been borrowed recently :rolleyes:

Then a dash over to son and DIL's to wish granddaughter a happy 4th birthday (across the threshold, no contact allowed) followed by a video call to the other grandkids.

Other than that, no contact with anyone other than the wife, though we did manage an enjoyable 7-mile walk this afternon.

roley poley

Ãœber Member
went and knocked on many peoples doors who were self isolating .I am a postman who looks after his 86 year old dad with c.o.p.d ….scrub scrub scrubby scrub no hand gell at work and you sort mail shoulder to shoulder :wacko:

lane

Veteran
Daily with rest of family being wife and two teenagers. Had to go to post office to pick up some medicine was delivered plus it is a small shop with a few people in plus bought milk, mother's Day card and chocolates. More than I would prefer on the whole. Made an effort to keep out of people's way as best I could. Did a four / five mile walk with my son on footpaths and passed a very small number of people and being outside that was probably OK. Tomorrow should be less.

lane

Veteran
Quite a bit on local Facebook group about groups of kids and teenagers hanging round together. Also went for walk in village yesterday evening - it was very quiet didn't pass anybody but two pubs open and customers making the most of the last opportunity. Mrs Lane told me
about something on the news all the arcades in Skegness were very busy today. You can't help some people.

Top Bottom