How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Shopping for essentials at Co-op this morning, then collected a bike from the LBS (whilst it's still open) stayed & chatted for a while (keeping at least 2m away :okay:), rode solo for a couple of hours (gave the club 'unofficial' ride a miss :sad:) called at the local & got some takeaway beer & bought some veg that he had in for Mother's day (hate to see stuff go to waste :okay:)

Back at work tomorrow where my social/not so social interaction will increase, Sunday working is either all or nothing for me & tomorrow it's more towards nothing. If all of my booked trains run, I will sit in York for over an hour & Hull for around 2 hours along with other staff, & if any of my trains don't run due to reduced timetable I could end up sat around longer :sad:
Initially I was concerned that I was higher risk of infection carrying the public around all day, but this week there has been a massive reduction in the number of passengers travelling, so hopefully that has reduced the risk of me picking up & carrying CV (fingers crossed)
I think the 'club unofficial ride' is being dropped after a few people questioned it :bicycle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Cycled past a bunch of young lads stood around with their electric scooters last night.

Lullabelle

Banana
TVC nipped to the shop and managed to get a loaf of bread and loo paper, both of which have been difficult to buy, apart from that no. We will be going out for a walk but that will be it.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Apart from Mrs B and child 2, a cyclist who stopped about 45 degrees behind me at some lights to ask if I was on the way out or home. Said cyclist had previously been part of group I had heard before I had seen, a few miles earlier, who had been riding a fast, tight peleton , with orders being barked.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I came face to face with someone for the first time in 3 days this morning. As they were in the lift and dressed in full covid-19 combat gear, I declined the invitation to get in with him. Hard to keep a safe distance in a lift.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There are a lot more people walking in my area. But all keeping 2m away from each other. 3 together is the most I have seen.

I have been in the garden all day 😁🌞

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
None so far today.

Neighbours on one side and their kids are away to visit their mothers for Mother’s Day, neighbours on the other side have their children and grandchildren visiting. :banghead:

Overheard another neighbour discussing how she and her family are heading down to their caravan at Ayr. “Ooh, it’ll be great, it’s beautiful weather for it.” FFS.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sunday 22nd March : one

Picked son up from University (that's the one). Called in for a dirty KFC drove thru on the way home but staff are rigourously social distancing. Back home now and not going out again

Running total since Saturday: one

Top Bottom