How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I spoke to about three people today,but that's usually the case. One chap i was talking to had his mouth covered by a scarf. I thought it was covered to keep the strong,cold north easterly wind out. Then after i realised he was most likely either saving himself or me from possible cross infection.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877

Here is the BBC report on seaside resorts. Caravan sites, arcades and cafes open.

snorri

Legendary Member
Thursday spoke to a neighbour at garden gate, 2 metre spacing.
On Friday morning had solicitors appointment, maintained safe space, but it could all have been done on the 'phone. Receptionist said they were "thinking" of doing telephone appointments next week:rolleyes:. Cycling in afternoon, didn't see anyone.
Saturday spoke to my neighbour in morning across the fence 4 metres away.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My big day out on Saturday to meet mother and brother illustrates the dangers of going anywhere.

On the face of it, my virus transmission risk (vtr) score wasn't too bad.

I didn't speak to anyone on the way down, or the way back, or at the motorway service area where we met - so that would be a vtr of two, mummy and brother.

However, I did go into the service area foyer, had a brief wander around in there to weigh up how the restrictions were being applied, then back to the car.

I lost count of the number of people doing the same who passed me within vtr distance.

It wasn't dozens, but it was several.

Including two for mother and brother brings my total to close to double figures.

Given that an achievable best vtr score is zero, a score of 'close to double figures' is not very good at all.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I wonder what's happening to economic migrants whose families have invested all their savings to get them into Britain to earn money and send it back? Presumably they've realised their chances of finding casual work are almost zero, not to mention the fear of infection and they've postponed the venture?

By the same token my brother in Michigan has accepted a job developing a new electric car in California. I wonder what he will do about relocating?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I went to the offie yesterday, rootled about in the fridge and handed a tenner to the owner. I came out with some cans of lager a minute later.
That's it. The only other social interactions were being at home with my family. Solo bike rides don't count.
I think I score One.

Drago

Legendary Member
I spoke to about three people today,but that's usually the case. One chap i was talking to had his mouth covered by a scarf. I thought it was covered to keep the strong,cold north easterly wind out. Then after i realised he was most likely either saving himself or me from possible cross infection.
Or he was about to rob someone.

alicat

Legendary Member
Yesterday was all the people in Morrisons that I couldn't avoid and the cashier in one local shop. Two people were standing in the doorway talking to her when I arrived. They said 'Come in' and looked a bit surprised when I said 'I can't because there won't be a metre separation'.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Went to MK with my wife..cladding stuff from FinL house
Got fuel.
£29,98, bloody card reader wanted my card inserted!! Not happy ,mega gel session
Dropped a big TV off to a lady I work with ..we work together so not going to matter either way.

I'll drop of mothers card and a nice pot plant for her garden, just to the rear door,won't go anywhere near her, COPD sufferer poor health.
I've told her not to let my Sister anywhere near her., 6 grandkids and hairdresser and we'll not that switched on to social distancing..

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hoping for a "one" day

Picking son up from University so social contact with him is unavoidable. The tricky bit will be buying some takeaway food on the way home. Will report back

We took sandwiches to MK to avoid going hunting for lunch.

We always stop for a carvery..so plan ahead and avoid contact in other areas

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Yesterday was all the people in Morrisons that I couldn't avoid and the cashier in one local shop. Two people were standing in the doorway talking to her when I arrived. They said 'Come in' and looked a bit surprised when I said 'I can't because there won't be a metre separation'.
I had a moment like that a few days ago, at the greengrocers. Lots of lovely veg, with a woman coughing (at least it didn’t sound continuous) while not covering her mouth not far away from the shop. Fortunately she hadn’t hacked over the carrots, on our radar because we like the orange stuff and he likes the green stuff.

It’s a small shop, and was packed. We hovered outside until it emptied, but as soon as we went inside it slowly started filling up again, like a horror movie. Not fond of the paranoia which is so far our main symptom (followed closely by disbelief at those blithely aiding and abetting the virus), but the better safer than sorry camp is probably where the smarter money is.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Apart from my wife and kids, I went to Asda to buy some loo roll, but they were sold out.

I saw too many young boys in groups. Parents need to keep children indoors, but it is too easy to let them out. We are heading for full lock down.

The youth of 1940 went to war for 5 years.
We need the youth of 2020 to sit on the sofa for 3 months. It’s not that hard.

Top Bottom