How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Another busy morning in the shop... where's the eggs? where's the flour? have you got any long life milk? ...so quite a lot.
My mum keeps baking buns... + keeps using her milk and eggs despite pleas not to including a big sign I put up in her kitchen. argh!!

... her short term memory is shot but she certainly remembers how to bake!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Spoke to people at work today. We are all sitting around 12’ apart, or more. I suggest doing the scanning and then the digital filing as a home working task but they said that they would ‘prefer that staff are at their desks’. belted in to Tesco. No milk but grabbed some bread and a few small meal making items. Not many in there, used self service.
Didn’t get near enough to speak to anyone while walking dogs this morning. Doubt I will when I go out in a few minutes.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My mum keeps baking buns... + keeps using her milk and eggs despite pleas not to including a big sign I put up in her kitchen. argh!!

no shortage of fresh milk looking at our deliveries, and eggs are coming everyday but not every range/size is available. Flour and UHT milk appear to be coming in on alternate days, so none one day and plenty the next. I expect a lot of the people who are all of a sudden buying flour won't get round to using it as our fresh bread deliveries appear unchanged... and today's fresh veg and fruit delivery was one of the largest I've ever seen :wacko:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nope, zero contact today. Managed a lunch time four mile walk in local hills. Not a soul. Don’t live in a tourist hotspot and unless you are local and map read you won’t know or find the trails.

potsy

Rambler
Mine today

Kryton521

Über Member

That's good, her baking not the other. My Mums short term has gone, Often She talks about growing up in the war but can't remember if she had breakfast/lunch or whatever, and certainly can't cook/bake anymore.

As to "social interactions" today, minimum 22 as I delivered goods to peoples homes, with the best will in the world, I'm getting too close to too many people. Won't see any of my family till things are calmer. Can't risk being a carrier to them.

About 50 contacts but they were all digital. Actual physical contacts were zero. Unfortunately, when I went out for food a was scaffolder standing at the top of my stairs coughing a fair bit (hopefully for him its just a cough) so I had to wait a poles length from him till he moved and in the CoOp someone got a bit close to me at the check out. Annoyingly thanks to these dumb panic buyers I'll probably have to go out for food more often than normal :sad:

Called at the neighbor's for dogs morning treats as I do every day. Didn't go within 3 metres of her. Went for a cycle ride unusually wasn't collecting anything (normally firewood) and met no one. Saturday will go into town possibly butchers, went to two last Saturday virtually out of everything including sausages. Fishmonger still had plenty of stock. Got plenty of fish skins for the dog and a cod fillet for myself. Cheese shop plenty of stock.
Dog sad Coffee shop closed so no treats
IMG_20200321_143545_2.jpg

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Just been out with my son (who I live with) for a walk round the village it's was deserted - probably indoors watching Boris. Other than family today was zero should be zero for at least the next few days. Works Ng at home none of family going out anywhere either except walk round when most people are indoors.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A good looking woman thanked me for waiting at a pinch point so she could get by while staying a few metres away. I smiled back.

Is that two social interactions or one?

alicat

Legendary Member
No physical social interaction today. Worked at home. Chatted to clients in France about how they were coping with lockdown.

Took a walk into town this morning for some skimmed milk and eggs, but neither were available. It doesn't matter, we will manage without them. I said "good morning" to everybody I passed, but only got a reply in about 50% of cases.
Tonight our ukulele club had an exploratory video meeting, using "zoom" app. It isn't technically ideal from a musicians standpoint, but we had a good laugh and that was a great morale boost.

Top Bottom