How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I told my son and daughter that I won't go and see them for the time being. They totally agreed so just phone calls for now. On the other hand, both stepson and step daughter are still coming to our house so I will have to stop that, despite my wife's objections.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Apart from my wife and kids, I went to Asda to buy some loo roll, but they were sold out.

I saw too many young boys in groups. Parents need to keep children indoors, but it is too easy to let them out. We are heading for full lock down.

The youth of 1940 went to war for 5 years.
We need the youth of 2020 to sit on the sofa for 3 months. It’s not that hard.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Apart from my wife and kids, I went to Asda to buy some loo roll, but they were sold out.

I saw too many young boys in groups. Parents need to keep children indoors, but it is too easy to let them out. We are heading for full lock down.

The youth of 1940 went to war for 5 years.
We need the youth of 2020 to sit on the sofa for 3 months. It’s not that hard.
That's all fascinating but what's the number?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Shopping for essentials at Co-op this morning, then collected a bike from the LBS (whilst it's still open) stayed & chatted for a while (keeping at least 2m away :okay:), rode solo for a couple of hours (gave the club 'unofficial' ride a miss :sad:) called at the local & got some takeaway beer & bought some veg that he had in for Mother's day (hate to see stuff go to waste :okay:)

Back at work tomorrow where my social/not so social interaction will increase, Sunday working is either all or nothing for me & tomorrow it's more towards nothing. If all of my booked trains run, I will sit in York for over an hour & Hull for around 2 hours along with other staff, & if any of my trains don't run due to reduced timetable I could end up sat around longer :sad:
Initially I was concerned that I was higher risk of infection carrying the public around all day, but this week there has been a massive reduction in the number of passengers travelling, so hopefully that has reduced the risk of me picking up & carrying CV (fingers crossed)

anothersam

SMIDSMe
On my usual 20ish mile loop, more cyclists out today than normal, normal being maybe one or two. Most were older gentlemen on their own. I don’t think a wave/nod counts, so call that zero.

Saw the neighbours chatting to some friends on my driveway/bridleway (my driveway is a bridleway). Just a smile, so still zero.

A lot busier than I typically am on CycleChat, but I'm quite confident this doesn't count for your purposes.

So, zero.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
2 folk on dog walk, stayed well away as we are on day 4 of 14 self isolated so not going anywhere aside from the park as the hounds need to run and the odd bike ride.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just a couple towards the end of my early morning walk. Haven’t been back out. Tomorrow should be the same. Monday I might have to go round to the supermarket.

Top Bottom