How many still here from the old C+ Forum days?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stompier

Before my time.
Why was there a migration from one forum to this one?

Don't know the reason, but from previous experience, a mass forum exodus usually involves toys and prams ;)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Before my time.
Why was there a migration from one forum to this one?
IIRC the C+ forum had been established for quite some time, stable membership (though not without some issues), it was much like here in it’s more fractious moments. Primarily road/commuting/utility cyclists. It was a good ‘community’ Then C+ owners Future Publishing almost without warning or any form of consultation converted it to Bikeradar and it all went titz-up for most of us. Huge influx of new members, completely rejigged format and layout. The place quickly became unpleasant and the sense of community trampled. At about the same time CC was forming and many of us took the opportunity to colonise new land.

ACF was also around at the time and many went there too. That subsequently exploded and YACF became their lifeboat.

Some known to us have left here in enough numbers to form their own online community. It’s the way of these things....

Others may be able to add more detail, but that was the gist.....

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I'll need to head over for a look see. :okay:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I never knew that. People normally flounce from a forum because others have the nerve to disagree with them, have they started a back slapping forum?
Yes and no, simply just a forum of like-minded friends that have been together online and in real-life for a long time and no longer feel the need to bang-heads here on a daily basis....

stephec

Legendary Member
IIRC the C+ forum had been established for quite some time, stable membership (though not without some issues), it was much like here in it’s more fractious moments. Primarily road/commuting/utility cyclists. It was a good ‘community’ Then C+ owners Future Publishing almost without warning or any form of consultation converted it to Bikeradar and it all went titz-up for most of us. Huge influx of new members, completely rejigged format and layout. The place quickly became unpleasant and the sense of community trampled. At about the same time CC was forming and many of us took the opportunity to colonise new land.

ACF was also around at the time and many went there too. That subsequently exploded and YACF became their lifeboat.

Some known to us have left here in enough numbers to form their own online community. It’s the way of these things....

Others may be able to add more detail, but that was the gist.....
Not meaning to be nit picking, but just to give a bit more info.

Cyclechat was already running before the Bikeradar fuss, I was a member on here for a while but the traffic was very infrequent, then one day somebody said, 'look what's available over here,' and the rest is history.

Top Bottom