How many times have you dropped your water bottle?

Well?

• I'm not saying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me, never, until recently and now I've dropped the darned buggering tarnation twice. The first time it rolled across two lanes of traffic before rolling back and hogging the white line and every bugger stopped and waited for me to do the walk of shame to retrieve it. Today I just dropped it and it fell in the gutter, not so bad but I must have dropsy lately. You?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Never dropped from my hand, but had one bounce out of a cage on 2 occasions, once during a group ride, a car took it out and I promptly got a different bottle cage.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Only happened to me once. I usually pull the bottle out and then throw the bottle up a bit to adjust my grip to a bet position. It slipped out my fingers and went rolling along the road.

Platypus on the mtb for me, more likely for a bottle to come loose, and you know, dirt.

Mapster1989

I dropped it once and it went, like you said, across two lanes of traffic. My initial thought was 'Bugger it. I'll leave it,' but then I went around the roundabout, up and around the next and back onto the road where I dropped it to retrieve it.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've never dropped it but had the experience of two Aluminium bottles jumping off the bike as I descended a bumpy, and steep hill at 40mph or so on my Dahon Speed-Pro folder, 20" wheels 120psi tyres and big bumps are not a good mix. As I hit one very big bump I watched the one attached to the handlebars lift and slow, I decided to let it go rather than risk trying to catch the damn thing so it bounced off my leg and disappeared from view. As I braked to a stop, the handlebar mounted one went sliding past me, then as I put a foot down something to hit my foot, hard! I'd lost one mounted behind the seat on the same bump, and that one had got me. I still have the two very battered aluminium bottles. I can speak from experience that 500+ml of water in a metal bottle, still going at a fair clip really stings.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Never.
But... I always stop when I want a drink :blush:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
As Rob3rt - not dropped them, but had one bounce out once or twice on cr_p road surface. Difficult to find a good sidecage that holds a large bottle well and allows you to take the bottle out and replace it easily on the move

D

Deleted member 23692

Never dropped it, but one had been ejected from my bottle cage by the force of hitting a pot hole

paul04

Über Member
Never dropped it, but it has fell out of its holder when I went over a pothole in the road, just got a new holder today from decathlon, and the bottle clicks in place, so no more falling out.

Top Bottom