How Many Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blonde

Heh! I have done that. It looks a bit odd wearing black work trousers with a muti coloured pro-team cycling jersey... good thing I didn't have a meeting that day!

Keith Oates

Janner
I always try to keep a spare set of most clothing items in the office for just such days. It can still fail though when taking them home to wash and forgetting to replace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Road Fiddler

I have forgot my shirt many times. Many years ago i turned up to work and it soon became apparent that i had left my shoes at home, my boss was not sympathetic and in no uncertain terms told me to go home, take the day off without pay i turned around unsimpathetic and told him to wind his neck in and that i will just wear my socks as i would be tied to my desk that day. He said no you wont this is a health and safety environment so i looked down at his slippers and said so you want to make an issue out of this. He stormed off and didn't speak to me for almost a week.

SW19cam

Über Member
I haven't done this for a long time ago... and just checked - yep still have my emergency shirt under my desk ;) It's one of those shirts that should have been retired many years ago, but it'll do in an emergency.... ;)

sheffgirl

I have forgot my shirt many times. Many years ago i turned up to work and it soon became apparent that i had left my shoes at home, my boss was not sympathetic and in no uncertain terms told me to go home, take the day off without pay i turned around unsimpathetic and told him to wind his neck in and that i will just wear my socks as i would be tied to my desk that day. He said no you wont this is a health and safety environment so i looked down at his slippers and said so you want to make an issue out of this. He stormed off and didn't speak to me for almost a week.

I'm lucky, quite a few people walk around in socks or bare feet at my workplace and nobody seems to mind. I have spare shoes under my desk but I rarely wear them. I leave my trousers at work and take a spare top to wear, although sometimes I forget to take them home, so I'm building up a bit of a collection :laugh:
Just don't forget to take spare underpants if it's raining, I did that once, and never again :rain:

Maz

Guru
Must I turn up at work forgetting a change of shirt?
You need to stockpile your shirts at work. Along with socks, pants, etc.

Today I purchased a new suit, it will be ready for collection at 10am on Monday morning, so no need to take a suit in to work Monday (after having a few too many ales on Thursday and travelling home in my suit). I'm fortunate Spinningfields seems to cater to people who forget their clothing.

musa

Über Member
I'm a chef, work cleans all my clothes. All I need to turn up with is myself as I keep my shoes in my locker.
+1

Although i need to carry underwear as i cycle in. My other chef job os slightly different wash my own clothes and leave in the locker

Top Bottom