How mean is my boss???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Today, i was talking to someone from another department who said their work experience kid was going to have a go in the Company helicopter. i was like "Wow, i'm so jealous" so they said to me, "would you like to take him to Oxford then, and you can go too?"

WOW!!!!! NO ONE EVER EVER EVER GETS CHANCE TO DO THIS.

So i checked my diary, no meetings, no urgent deadlines and besides which my work is quiet at the moment. so i asked my boss and he said "which dept?" i said "Transmission, i know it's nothing to do with us but i really really want to go" and he said "well, it's for them to provide transport for him, not us to be their taxi"

So i said, "they are not asking for a free lift (they might be but who cares??) it's just that i was all excited for him so they asked if i wanted to take him"

my boss said

"sorry, no"

How mean is that. it's nothing to do with workload or anything???? why would he say no? it's like a once in a lifetime thing. how mean :sad:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Yes, your boss is a prize meanie.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think so too. mean horrible little man. i think he's jealous that he didn't get asked.

i miss my other boss. he would have let me go.

Lizban

i think i might have to book a holiday and see if i can still take him.
There is the answer, had you explained the situaiton and offered to take the time of as leave (or make it up) good chance he would have let you go (and a reasaonble chance that you wouldn't have used the time as leave.

Mean? No I can think of lots of worse things I've had to unpick
Missed an oppurtunity - That's more like it

Lizban

He sounds like a spiteful jerk.
Worker 'Please boss I don't want to do any work today but go on a jolly but I want to be paid for it is that ok?
Boss - Err no

Cycle Chat verdict the boss is mean!

As I said before he missed a chance to be the good guy the other poster missed the chance to present it in such a way that it would ahve been difficult for him NOT to be the good guy

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Worker 'Please boss I don't want to do any work today but go on a jolly but I want to be paid for it is that ok?
Boss - Err no

Work doesn't need to be about extracting every last drop of blood from your staff.

If doing this didn't put pressure on anyone else and it was a 'one off' I can't see a problem with it.

mr Mag00

rising member
if you take as holiday will you be covred by Co. insurance?

sorry:sad:

yh he is a meanie, but if i was the boss i would have asked to go first lol!

Lizban

Work doesn't need to be about extracting every last drop of blood from your staff.

If doing this didn't put pressure on anyone else and it was a 'one off' I can't see a problem with it.

You missed the other half of my post - let me add it for you as I'm sure it was an oversight ! ;)

As I said before he missed a chance to be the good guy the other poster missed the chance to present it in such a way that it would ahve been difficult for him NOT to be the good guy

bauldbairn

i think so too. mean horrible little man. i think he's jealous that he didn't get asked.

Is this your boss? ;)

oscar50.jpg

Top Bottom