How much alcohol do you drink in a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Obviously I'm an old fart with a dull life...

Last week was pretty standard for me...
Mon - None
Tues - None
Weds - None
Thurs - None
Fri - None
Sat - None
Sun - None

Errm. Dullness personified!

I'll have a drink if I'm out having a meal or off to the pub with friends or a party etc. but almost never drink at any other time (i.e. just having a can or two at home). 2 kids means I don't get out much nowadays. :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Probably an average of 10-15 pints per week (depending on what happens at the weekend). Don't drink spirits though... just shots sometimes if out on a big one. Wine from time to time, if having a meal etc.

red_tom

Wednesday - Nothing
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - 5.5 pints 4% ish beer
Saturday - 2 pints, 3 cans beer
Sunday - 2 bottles beer
Monday - Nothing
Today - Nothing (so far but I'm training tonight so won't drink)

My drinking has dropped off a lot since splitting up with my wife. Used to be half a bottle of wine a night + lots at the weekend.

Too fat for lycra

A lot less than I used too. My two year old daughter has much to do with that. Still have a glass most nights, but i've noticed as I've gotten older that I seasonally drink. Summer = white wine, cider & Lager. Winter = Red wine, bitter & Guinness. Last night's 5 pints at the local curry house with my new employers did not go down too well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I am a bit partial to red wine, so will usually have Fri/Sat and a night in the week.... probably too much, and the cycling stops the usual 'calorie' issues.........

Don't get out often at all... Usually have a few days off each week....

TBH it would probably be much less if I didn't commute to work...i.e. needed to go out training to keep it up.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The recommended limit is a useful guide but once this figure was out there, it was immediately regarded as irrefutable fact. It was only recently that some medical experts stated the figure was simply plucked out of the air. The differences in people's sizes, metabolisms, state of health, age etc render these recommended figures a bit farcical. Take yourself as an example and then compare yourself against two other people the same size, frame and age as you. One of those people is lazy, slightly overweight and likes pies! The other is a super-fit, elite athlete at his/her chosen physical sport. Do you think all three of you have the same tolerance to alcohol? Do you think the same advice applies to all three?

PaulB

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Thought the latest research suggested that those who drink "moderatly" are healthier then tetotallers. Those who drink a lot but exercise are as healthy as moderate drinkers who don't exercise.

Which MUST mean that provided you exercise, the more you drink, the healthier you are! Wife - open that second bottle will you?

yoyo

WE rarely drink- possibly a bottle of wine (lasting three days) once in six weeks.

surfgurl

I stopped drinking when I was 19 or 20. I realised I was enjoying it far too much and was at risk of going down a slippery slope. For ten years I had an occasional drink, a couple of times a year at very special occasions. I got married last year and think I drank maybe two drinks all day and night.

I've recently started working in a pub and keep getting drinks bought for me. I turn down most of them, but with the regulars it's rude to keep turning them down. I've got five or six drinks in at work at the moment. I go in a couple of times a week when I am not working and have a drink or two.

A couple of weeks ago I popped in to the pub towards the end of the night and ended up getting invited out to the fun pub (think seaside resort off season, all the drinks are two quid, loud music etc) I rolled in at 3.30am and spent the next day quivering under the duvet. My husband says I should not have drunk the blue drinks.

surfgurl said:
I've recently started working in a pub and keep getting drinks bought for me. I turn down most of them, but with the regulars it's rude to keep turning them down. I've got five or six drinks in at work at the moment.

Do what my brother used to do. Accept every drink that's offered to you but put the money in a pot under the bar and treat it as a tip at the end of the shift.

dudi

It's very rare for me to have a drink.
which is in stark contrast to my lifestyle about 5 years ago, where it would be quite rare for me to not have a drink in the course of the day.
I've got a work christmas do in 6 weeks, and I doubt i will have a drink before then.

I think it's mostly due to being the only driver in the household. and "just in case" i need to drive... it'll be interesting to see what happens once the wife learns to drive!

Maz

Guru
What's it like to get drunk? Is there a way of simulating the effect without actually drinking?

Top Bottom