How much alcohol do you drink in a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

not as much as Richard Hammond (on the tv this morning)

Actually I've been T total most of my life. I drank 2x Bud's last xmas which were left in my fridge.:biggrin:

I hate the feeling of being drunk and got very sick when younger.Last time was 38 years ago and I couldn't get out of bed for 2x days :sad:

Big dissapointment to my old man who used to drink 14-16 pints a night

A Nutter

Gary Kenny - a cycling quizmaster
Had more than usual last week...
Partly because of local derby and celebrations! Anyway...
Sunday 19th - catch up with other dj - 6 or 7 pints
Tues 21t - couple of drinsk tuernd out to meal and a btl of wine followed by cider
Thurs 22nd - as tuesday!
Fri 23rd - mams birthday... got no idea... but ended upwith pints of wine (got a good excuse - mam has only got good wine glasses and i didnt trust myself!)
Sat 24th - Sunderland won 2-1 celebration. Cant remember getting home

I usually dont even go out once a week!! Eeee. Havent being on the bike either!

Cos we are on a budget at the moment the other half and me make a bottle of wine last for mon - fri and then have a pint or two at the weekend but we don't go out for drinks.

The avatar picture was taken before the bookings dropped off...

Kirstie said:
Cos we are on a budget at the moment the other half and me make a bottle of wine last for mon - fri and then have a pint or two at the weekend but we don't go out for drinks.

The avatar picture was taken before the bookings dropped off...

You're doing really well, you've had that same pint over a week now.

I have no regular drinking pattern. I can go weeks without touching any then have a week of drinking a few glasses of wine or beer on a few nights. Very rarely I'll drink 3 or 4 cans or a bottle of wine in one sitting and going to the pub is usually just a pint with friends. A few times a year there's a big meet up and then the doors come off; that's probably really bad for me.

yenrod

:How much alcohol do you drink in a week

None.

Can't stand the effects. A light alcoholic drink is fine...being stupid isnt !

got-to-get-fit

usually have something every night ....just to relax after work.

Its usually a Vodka tonic and lime or a bottle of larger. Thats about it though.
At the weekend i dont go out very often having young kids and no baby sitters so i sometimes have about 3 bottles of beer or a couple of V+T's in the house.

When i do go out me and the boys usually get absolutely stuffed ....7 or 8 pints lots of shots of spirits and then quite often end up on the moet at the end of the night ...the record is 10 bottles between 9 of us in one night and that was after the beers and spirits.

So although im not a regular drinker ....i know how to make up for it when i get a night out.

I hardly drink at all in winter...maybe a pint over the weekend every couple of weeks or so or the odd glass of wine. Bit more in summer as the nice weather gets me into beergarden mood, or just sitting outside with a beer - but even then, it tends to be mainly weekends and hardly ever more than a couple of pints of shandy...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Of course the recommended maximum figures are completely spurious and based on absolutely bugger all....

Danny

Legendary Member
mickle said:
I've been a heavy drinker all my adult life. My trouble is if I have one drink I keep drinking until I'm sloshed. Until a couple of weeks ago I'd think nothing of knocking back 3/4s of a bottle of Whisky in an evening. 46 years old and 30 years of hard drinking. I've consumed enough now. I don't consider myself an alchy (I can go for days without but those days without have sometimes been few and far between) but I've clearly consumed enough for several lifetimes. I don't miss it if I don't have it in the house so it's easier simply to avoid the first one.
Please don't take offence Mickle, but this doesn't sound like "healthy drinking" to me.

Have you ever talked to anyone about it?

Keith Oates

Janner
I usually have a bottle of beer before dinner and one with the dinner. If I go out at the weekend with friends it would be more but those nights are few and far between. The last time I had a good blow out was literally years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dannyg said:
Please don't take offence Mickle, but this doesn't sound like "healthy drinking" to me.

Have you ever talked to anyone about it?

None taken. Absolutely. I realise it's been far from healthy for a long time which is why I've stopped. I can go without quite happily. I'll have a moderate few over Chrimbo and that'll be it.

Quite frankly, ever since I had cancer I've had a 'don't give a fcuk about tomorrow' attitude. That was twenty years ago, it's time I stopped being so self indulgent.

Top Bottom