How much alcohol do you drink in a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Mine varies quite a bit but in the last week it's been

Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - Bottle of Rose minus one glass that my wife had
Thursday - 3/4 of a bottle of Burgundy
Friday - 8 pints in the pub from 5pm till 10pm and the remainder of the bottle of Burgundy when I got home
Saturday - Pint of Guinness in the afternoon and 3/4 of a bottle of Chablis at night
Sunday - Glasss of Red wine with lunch and 2 bottles of Tyskie lager in the evening
Tonight - nothing

I don't think thats too much but some do!

Kovu

Über Member
I'm a teenger so all week i'm fine, then every so often I just have a night of drinking. Fun though.

Just don't tell Dom though!

Mortiroloboy

Me and Mrs M share a bottle of something Red at the week end, so two glasses each, house rule, (generally) under a fiver and over 12%! I have started supping Lidls 15 year old single malt again.Mmmmmm:thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

No not at all. Just a converation I had earlier with someone who I personally think does. He has at least 6 bottles of beer every night without fail.

My wife doesn't mind as long as I don't have too much and become a pain in the ar$e. I'm quite hyper and talk quite a lot. When I'm drunk I get even worse.

There's me thinking I'm being windswept and interesting. She begs to differ :biggrin:

User1314 said:
I don't drink Mon-Thurs (as a rule).

Few Beers and a bottle of Red over the course of the weekend.

Being told off by the other half, Greedo? My other half doesn't drink so thinks that I drink too much.

Kovu

Über Member
Greedo said:
No not at all. Just a converation I had earlier with someone who I personally think does. He has at least 6 bottles of beer every night without fail.

My wife doesn't mind as long as I don't have too much and become a pain in the ar$e. I'm quite hyper and talk quite a lot. When I'm drunk I get even worse.

There's me thinking I'm being windswept and interesting. She begs to differ :biggrin:

I talk alot and get hyper when I drink. But 6 bottles every single night? A tad bit too much?

Kovu

Über Member
User1314 said:
Hmmmm....

...it's only about 3 pints. Quite well behaved for a man with no kids?

EDIT: I assume they are thos esmall bottle things.

You assume? You don't know though? :biggrin:
I don't know you, i've always been brought up to the fact that you don't drink it as a constant thing every night, so 3 pints a night to me is a bit too much, but opinion differs I guess. My parents drink a can maybe a night, but never anything more. And I've got mates who live on there own, and they'll onyl drink at weekends and never a constant thing every night.

I've been a heavy drinker all my adult life. My trouble is if I have one drink I keep drinking until I'm sloshed. Until a couple of weeks ago I'd think nothing of knocking back 3/4s of a bottle of Whisky in an evening. 46 years old and 30 years of hard drinking. I've consumed enough now. I don't consider myself an alchy (I can go for days without but those days without have sometimes been few and far between) but I've clearly consumed enough for several lifetimes. I don't miss it if I don't have it in the house so it's easier simply to avoid the first one.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User1314 said:
Hmmmm....

...it's only about 3 pints. Quite well behaved for a man with no kids?

EDIT: I assume they are those small bottle things.

I would say so. Pre kids and wife I would regually drink 5-6 pints a night and a lot more on Fridays and Saturdays. Now I am not bothered, I can easily go 2,3,4 months without touching a drop

Abitrary

If I've got everything I need to do done by the time newsnight is on, then a small baileys.

Apart from that just weddings and special occasions really.

Will have a pint of Dark on a Tuesday night whilst playing cards with the lads, and maybe one small bottle of lager if someone calls round. But if I'm getting serious about a big ride/sportive nothing at all.

Top Bottom