How much are you paying a quarter for gas and electric nowadays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
£1287 a year, so that's £322 quarterly, or £124 after the £66/month discount.

Alex321

Veteran
We are on a DD of £120/month (combined gas and electric), so £360 a quarter.

But we went onto Octopus in September, and now have a credit value on the account of £338. Which suggests we should probably be on about £70/month DD.

We were £500+ in credit in September and now £80 in debit.
Paying £76 a month due to the fuel cap so that would mean £143 without it ?

So what - about £250 a month or so roughly.

Three bedroom detached with WFH most days.

All uphill

Still rolling along
About £750 for the quarter for gas and electricity. Three bed detached, three adults, including one wfh.

Our biggest savings are on electricity - tumble dryer unplugged, minimal use of oven, and a bit on gas - I laid an extra 150mm of insulation in the loft last year.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
98 monthly DD for both Gas and Leccy.
Was 115 until 2 months ago, but Shell reduced it as I was over £200 in credit.
One person and 2 Cats ^_^ in a 2 bed ground floor flat.
I work away from home usually 6 days a week, heating is on at 18C max from 5pm till 10pm.
I do like baking, my electric oven is very old, probably not energy efficient, but the gas combi is only 2 years old.

Bad enough paying the fuel charges. I resent paying 33p per day standing charge for gas and 50p+ per day for electric standing charges. Equates to over £280 per year for the "privilege" of having gas and electric meters in the house.

Bad enough paying the fuel charges. I resent paying 33p per day standing charge for gas and 50p+ per day for electric standing charges. Equates to over £280 per year for the "privilege" of having gas and electric meters in the house.

There's a lot of infrastructure to pay for somehow. You could go off grid but it would cost a lot more.

Top Bottom