How much are you paying a quarter for gas and electric nowadays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
I just had my quarterly electric/ gas bill.
With the government help of £66 monthly discounts included my bill overall has come through at £453 pounds.
I was just wondering what others are paying quarterly,
All the best,
Johnny.

vickster

Legendary Member
Without the rebate £80-120 a month. Single person working from home, 3 bed end of terrace in SW London

There’s a relevant thread here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/energy-bill-increases.278128/

£440, Single WFH. 2 Bed detached bungalow.

I've just doubled the amount of insulation in the loft, on any sunny day now the lounge will comfortably heat up to 17c+. Plenty warm for me.

It's one step at a time but I need to reduce my electric spending, I do like my gadgets so I've got a computer, xbox, amp and TV on right now. I think my next step is to buy a low power computer, for now I just need to render to put in sleep mode when not using it.

Adam4868

Guru
Last couple of months our bill has been around the 300 quid mark.For gas and electric.Four of us including two teenagers who literally have every light on in the house if we go out.Tried out best with the central heating,at most a hour a day lately.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Monthly has been around £300-£340 last two months for both. I'd expect winter Quarter to be £850 to £900 for the three.

Two gaming PCs and someone WFH 3 days a week. Heating on those days.

Cost likely to drop to £200 per month combined as it warms up

3 bed semi, 4 adults.

Govt subsidy excluded as it comes back in separately, so I ignore. We've slashed electric use - heating a hot tub and using the dryer - both are off, and have been for a year ! Hot tub will be plugged back in once it warms up, but only heated if we decide to use it - saved us a fortune. Gas use is slightly down, but 3x more expensive.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
£166/month for Gas and Electric, minus the £66/67 monthly subsidy.

4 bedroom detached house (1980's build)
2 occupants, both retired, usual TV, TV recording device, phone chargers, dish washer, washing machine etc etc
CH on auto from 07:30 - 22:00 7 days a week. Thermostat set at 20C 07:30 - 12:00; 21C 12:00 - 17:00; 23C 17:00-22:00

Any comments about the thermostat setting should be addressed to Mrs @BoldonLad, I have tried, even bought her a thermal underlayer, wasted my money there. ;)

We got really lucky and got on to a two year fixed tariff just before prices spiked. Our direct debit for gas and electricity is currently £88 a month and the current balance is well in credit, and growing. We live in a two bed “duplex apartment“ aka a maisonette and I work from home ~50% of the time.

I previously posted that the £400 credit being applied isn’t needed by us, I’d rather have had the option to decline, so we made £400 in donations to two local charities just before Christmas. On getting our January account statement from our energy provider we made a further £200 donation to local charities and expect to repeat that for the time being. Our fixed tariff end in December so we will reassess the situation then.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
£10 a day for gas and electricity. (I think that includes standing charges). That is just for me but I am typically in 22-23 hours a day in the winter, heating on from around 10:00 to 02:00, temperature in my living room around 18 C. It is an old, cold house!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Gas around £250 per month and electric about £65-£70 per month.(This is after the Government discount has been applied)
I'm not living in a damp cold house, the price is the price, it is what it is.
Heating is on all the time and its a 3 bedroom semi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom